Issues with UnionFS

• Hi Everyone,

I've recently started to use a combo of SnapRAID and UnionFS and have been seeing some strange stuff. Is it possible to host things like the docker config on a shared folder hosted on UnionFS? It hasn't been working for me.

Also, I've noticed a few issues putting various docker container config directories on shares hosted on UnionFS as well (mainly Sonarr and Radarr). Is this nomral?

Thanks!

• From my understanding you have to use the absolute path i.e. /srv/dev-etc rather than the relative path /sharedolders

I gave that a shot and it looks like it doesn't work for a select few apps. When I put my sonarr/radarr configs on the UnionFS path, it gives me errors about the database being corrupt. I also can't put a handful of other things on the UnionFS shared path.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I gave that a shot and it looks like it doesn't work for a select few apps. When I put my sonarr/radarr configs on the UnionFS path, it gives me errors about the database being corrupt. I also can't put a handful of other things on the UnionFS shared path.

Well none of the above makes any sense as there is no information, however there is some information confirming what I have said. here here here
    So looking at the above the probability could be your directory structure as the /srv/dev/disk etc is the same as using /sharedfolders, however, there other issues surrounding /sharefolders and their use in UnionFS particularly Docker.

• unionFS or rather mergerfs disables file caching so as not to double cache the file system (see the github page for mergerfs). This impacts things like databases and programs that need mmap functionality. So it's recommended not to place docker databases via mergerfs path. Use a direct path to branch drives instead or place the dockers on a none mergerfs disk.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!