Unable to access one mapped drive, but another works fine

• Ok, no idea what's going on here. Started my PC today and all of a sudden I get a message about network drives not accessible, not had this issue at all since I built my NAS. One of my mapped drives (X) is not accessible, but weirdly enough, the other mapped drive (Y) is working just fine. The bizarre part is that if I go via a shortcut to a folder in X, I can access the drive just fine. However, I can't access the "root" of X. Any ideas as to what can have caused this? I updated OMV with the latest patches yesterday, but had no issues after doing so, even after rebooting my NAS after the updates. Never seen anything like this before and Windows 10 throws up different errors depending on when/how I'm trying to access the mapped drive. I'm also unable to map a network location to the same path on the NAS, but it works fine to the other shared path.

?(?(?(?(?(

OMV 6.x, Gigabyte Z270N-WiFi, i7-6700K@3GHz, 16GB DDR4-3000, 4x 4TB Toshiba N300, 1x 60GB Corsair GT SSD (OS drive), 10Gbps Aquantia Ethernet

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can love to hate Windows 10 :D

First off try deleting the mapped rive then recreate it, reboot, to see if it fixes it, the other option is look in the event log and set the filter to warnings and errors this will reduce the amount of info, this might give you a pointer.

If all that fails then add a a net use script at login;

net use x: /delete
    net use x: \\server\share (instead of hostname you could use the ip address)

• Yeah, I tried removing the mapped drive, recreated it, still same problem with X, Y sill working...

Did the net use delete as well, still no dice.

No idea how to look in the log files.

OMV 6.x, Gigabyte Z270N-WiFi, i7-6700K@3GHz, 16GB DDR4-3000, 4x 4TB Toshiba N300, 1x 60GB Corsair GT SSD (OS drive), 10Gbps Aquantia Ethernet

• Offizieller Beitrag

No idea how to look in the log files.

If you go into Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> Windows Logs and select System, on the right hand side click Filter Current Log and check Warnings and Errors you can also reduce the time stamp the log searches for, there maybe an answer in there.
    But the image is a permissions issue, the other option might be to install the resetperms plugin reset the permissions on the share and try again.

• If you go into Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> Windows Logs and select System, on the right hand side click Filter Current Log and check Warnings and Errors you can also reduce the time stamp the log searches for, there maybe an answer in there.But the image is a permissions issue, the other option might be to install the resetperms plugin reset the permissions on the share and try again.

The resetperms plugin solved it. Thanks for that, didn't even know it existed.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!