Help with WOL command

• Hi, First of all, thanks to this awesome firmware that you build, i am totally happy with it.

Sorry for bothering, but I jumped from a Lubuntu to OMV 3.x as my nas Server, and the WOL was working on my previous installation (same hardware) and now i am trying to send him some magic packet trough LAN, and its not working (either from sleep mode or shutdown state).

* Enabled the WOL on the NIC
    * installed the OMV-Extras to install the backport Kernel, but saw that is not anymore on OMV 3.x
    * Did some testing using TCPdump to see if i see the packages, and I saw it (it was working before with previos firmware anyway)
    Im using 3.x cause i have some services issues with 4.x cause i am using AMD Processor...

System Info:
    V: 3.0.99
    Proc: AMD Sempron 140 Processor
    Kernel: Linux 4.9.0.0.bpo.6-amd64

Thanks you in advanced

• Im Still digging, and found a command to know if the NIC indeed on the Debian is enabled, and it is... I have no clue...

root@OMV:~# sudo ethtool eth0
    Settings for eth0:
    Supported ports: [ TP MII ]
    Supported link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
    100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
    1000baseT/Half 1000baseT/Full
    Supported pause frame use: No
    Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
    Advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
    Advertised pause frame use: Symmetric Receive-only
    Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
    Link partner advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
    Link partner advertised pause frame use: Symmetric Receive-only
    Link partner advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
    Speed: 1000Mb/s
    Duplex: Full
    Port: MII
    PHYAD: 0
    Transceiver: internal
    Auto-negotiation: on
    Supports Wake-on: pumbg
    Wake-on: g
    Current message level: 0x00000033 (51)
    drv probe ifdown ifup
    Link detected: yes

Thanks,

• Hi Pattex,

Thanks for your reply, But yes, is actually enabled (on my previos linux server OS was working smoothly).

I really need that feature to remotely turn on the server to access the files, but i am so happy with OMV, i really do not want to start testing another NAS os...

• Hi Macom,

I was working with Lubuntu with out any issue (on WOL), and since i am working with OMV (because the server itself is being used as NAS) I was not able to make this work.

The server is receiving the magic packets (checked with tcpdump) but is like it does not activate when is on shutdown or sleep state either...

I think that a good next step will be to try in a new hard drive the OMV 4.x and check if it works (OMV 4.x gave me some issues related with AMD processor do not remember if the web daemon did not start, or the system itself...)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!