PSA for those using Docker and Emby

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• PSA for those using Docker and Emby

emby.media/community/index.php…deleted-all-of-my-movies/

It seems to be a pretty remote scenario.. and they've pushed a beta fix, but if you only updated to stable, I don't think it's been pushed to stable yet.

It's a long thread, but a good read and will hopefully reinforce that:

1. RAID is not a backup!

2. How important backups are.
      Air Conditioners are a lot like PC's... They work great until you open Windows.

The post was edited 1 time, last by KM0201 ().

• LOL... while funny.... Plex has had similar issues in the past, so they're not immune to it (although I don't think Plex ever deleted an entire Library, but it wouldn't surprise me if they had).

I'm guessing with 19tb of data and being a life member, he's probably been using Emby for quite some time. There's just no excuse for him that in all that time he didn't consider the need for a true backup scenario.

• KM0201 wrote:

Plex has had similar issues in the past, so they're not immune to it (although I don't think Plex ever deleted an entire Library, but it wouldn't surprise me if they had).
      Any idea when this was or can you provide a link?
      --
      Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

RAID - Its ability to disappoint is inversely proportional to the user's understanding of it.

ASRock Rack C2550D4I - 16GB CC - Silverstone DS380
    • forums.plex.tv/t/plex-media-se…-files-need-help/70120/13

Back in the early days of OMV, someone here lost all their data due to an Emby issue as well. This was back when someone was working on the actual Emby plugin (rather than docker). He lost a fairly significant amount of data and apparently did not have a backup.

• IIRC, it was restarted in a support subforum and troubleshooting was done there. I don't recall the exact cause of the issue. I don't use Plex (or Emby for that matter) but someone on another forum had posted Plex deleted all their stuff when I Google'd, that thread came up.

Edit: Link to when this happened with the old OMV plugin Disaster - all data lost

BACKUP YOUR DATA FOLKS!

The post was edited 1 time, last by KM0201 ().