Asrock ION 330 - will it wake up?

• Hi. My Synology NAS died so I'm trying to build an OMV system to replace it using spare parts we have lying around.

The system is something I made for a media pc years ago - Asrock ION 330. I've got it running fine and all works well, but it uses 32W. That's too much power for something so little used to be left on 24/7. They Synology used 15W at most, and turned on and off really well according to our needs.

What I can't work out after a week of searching and noodling is if I can turn the Asrock on and off. I can turn it to standby using the Power Management Options (uses 3.5W on standby, and 1.5W on "off"!) I assume I can turn it off using autoshutdown plugin, but I haven'understood how yet.

The question is down here ->But how does it turn on? I've enable WOL in bios and in the WebGui Lan section (I think). I want the system to turn on from standby when someone accesses a shared folder. Is that even possible? I know there''ll be a delay as it comes on line, but I first need to answer that basic question.

I"m willing to put up with some extra power use because the OMV system actually works a lot faster than the Synology. But turning it on and off manually seems a bit daft. I'll now try my kid's Orange Pi PC2 for which I've downloaded an image. Can't imagine the performance will match, but there seem to be a lot of you using such things :)

Thanks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!