Can't complete a smartctl -t long since upgrading from OMV 3 to OMV 4

• I upgraded from OMV 3 to OMV 4 in the beginning of this year. Ever since then when I run smartctl -long (or try the long test from the interface) it never completes. It just get's to 90%, hangs there for about 24 hours, then fails to complete with "Aborted by host 10%"

If it were just one disk, I'd say maybe the disk is on its way out. However, this literally happened to all 8 of my disks (ZFS RaidZ2) at the same time, which is making me think this has to be some software glitch, especially since it's been happening since the upgrade. Is there anything I can do to possibly get to the bottom of this? I usually like to scrub once a month and do a long test once a month on all of the disks. Scrubs complete no problem usually around 72 hours give or take a few. Short tests complete no problem and all looks good with the data when a short test is completed.

Case: U-NAS NSC-810
    Motherboard: ASRock - C236 WSI Mini ITX
    CPU: Core i7-6700
    Memory: 32GB Crucial DDR4-2133

• Try HDD sentinel and see the results.

I'll have to give that a shot tomorrow. I'm guessing from a quick Google search that it's a more thorough hdd tester?

• Aborted by host :

this is the symptom when you turn off your server before the end of the test

Do you have autoshutdown ?

I usually auto shutdown every night at 1130 pm and auto wakeup at 730 am. I do however disable the shutdown when I'm scrubbing and checking with smart. However it's been getting stuck at 90% for 24 hours then cancels itself with that error.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!