Master password failure

• OMV 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Master password failure

Good afternoon, there was a failure in the administrative passwords.
      Once I restarted OMV, I could not access the web interface. The first thing I did was launch an omv-firstaid and clicked to change the admin password. Then I received the "ERROR: [Errno 111] Connection refused". Then I tried to log in via ssh and received "Denied connection", without even entering my username and password.

At the moment, I only know the root password, which is still working. Also, all the login data of other users works correctly.

What I have already tried:
      • omv-update
      • omv-release-upgrade
      • apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault
      • apt-get purge openmediavault
      • apt-get install openmediavault

I hope for your help. ^^
    • I assume that either you try to connect with the wrong IP or you are not even connected to the same network. Or your network is badly configured with IP collisions.

Another possibility is that you are using some exotic network setup with multiple network interfaces that are not recognized by debian.

If you describe your network and your server and what you have done so far, outside OMV, to servh for errors, that may help.

ping? nmap? DHCP leases?
      OMV 4, 7 x ODROID HC2, 1 x ODROID HC1, 5 x 12TB, 1 x 8TB, 1 x 2TB SSHD, 1 x 500GB SSD, GbE, WiFi mesh
    • macom wrote:

What platform are you using?
      Was it working before?
      Did you get any error messages when running the commands you mentioned?
      1. Platform Linux 4.9.0-8-amd64 SMO Debian 4.9.144-3.1 (2019-02-19) - OMV 4.1.19.-1
      2. Yes, before everything worked on version 2.0.18, it seems. Then there was a sharp failure and I, worn out, decided to try to update the system, thinking that this would solve the problem.
      3. There were no errors like when I executed these commands.
    • Adoby wrote:

If you describe your network and your server and what you have done so far, outside OMV, to servh for errors, that may help.

ping? nmap? DHCP leases?
      Nothing exotic, from the router directly to the server and directly to the PC. Subnet 192.168.1.x
      Samba server is fully accessible. Other protocols do not respond, ftp - ssh - webgui.
      Ping is, Nmap and router see it correctly.
    • Probably you don't want to hear this: the upgrade from OMV2 to OMV3 was not very smooth and caused issues in many cases. The recommendation to upgrade from OMV2 is to do a fresh install. In your case fresh install of OMV4.

Of course you can also wait and see if somebody has a better idea.
      Odroid HC2 - armbian - Seagate ST4000DM004 - OMV4.x
      Asrock Q1900DC-ITX - 16GB - 2x Seagate ST3000VN000 - Intenso SSD 120GB - OMV4.x
      :!: Backup - Solutions to common problems - OMV setup videos - OMV4 Documentation - user guide :!:
    • macom wrote:

Probably you don't want to hear this: the upgrade from OMV2 to OMV3 was not very smooth and caused issues in many cases. The recommendation to upgrade from OMV2 is to do a fresh install. In your case fresh install of OMV4.
      I understand, but the error appeared before installing newer versions. The error was the same on the omv 2 version.
      I cannot consider a clean installation, since there are a lot of users and access rights to this system.
    • The error indicates that omv-engined is not running. Try to start it in foreground to find out what is going wrong

$ omv-engined -d -f
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit
    • Detsle wrote:

macom wrote:

Is this correct?
      I assume you were on OMV4 already.
      No, the system initially worked on 2.0.18.After that I started working with errors the same and I upgraded to omv 3 and further to omv 4.
      Unfortunately upgrading a system that is giving you errors is rarely a good idea. I do remember the upgrade process form 2-3 being pretty arduous, it would be better to clean install 4, but I understand you want to avoid that... but prepare for it.
      Air Conditioners are a lot like PC's... They work great until you open Windows.

• Detsle wrote:

Launched, he issued just a list of different modules.
      If you want votdev to help, you should post the output. Even if it seems not significant to you it might mean something to him.
      Odroid HC2 - armbian - Seagate ST4000DM004 - OMV4.x
      Asrock Q1900DC-ITX - 16GB - 2x Seagate ST3000VN000 - Intenso SSD 120GB - OMV4.x
      :!: Backup - Solutions to common problems - OMV setup videos - OMV4 Documentation - user guide :!: