OMV NAS not seen on network.

• Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if i irritate anyone with this but i am quite the newbie when it comes to networks and sharing. I built a NAS out of my old Battlefield 3 rig. I installed OMV4 onto it and managed to establish a connection between the laptop i used to configure OMV and the server. So as far as i knew the NAS would be visible across the house on every device. So i had some files i wanted to transfer into the NAS from my gaming pc, but the NAS is not visible on the network. Have i missed something?

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

• I would start by telling us what you have done so far. Is OMV installed from scratch and all drives formatted? how did you get the files on there in the first place? What services have you configured? By default only the web interface is in any working shape. SMB or FTP then need to be configured to see them on your network.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if i irritate anyone with this but i am quite the newbie when it comes to networks and sharing. I built a NAS out of my old Battlefield 3 rig. I installed OMV4 onto it and managed to establish a connection between the laptop i used to configure OMV and the server. So as far as i knew the NAS would be visible across the house on every device. So i had some files i wanted to transfer into the NAS from my gaming pc, but the NAS is not visible on the network. Have i missed something?

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

You probably haven't configured any SMB shares... (I'm assuming your gaming PC is Windows based)... I'm also assuming you've pretty much successfully installed everything and can access the webUI...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/…le0hthn/GettingStared.pdf

Pay particular attention to section 10.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!