Network Error after change to Static

• Hi Guys,
    after changing a fresh installed OMV image the network address to a static one i get thoose error:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl start 'networking' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for networking.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status networking.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
    Fehler #0:OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl start 'networking' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for networking.service failed because the control process exited with error code.See "systemctl status networking.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(86): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 1)#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(146): OMV\System\SystemCtl->exec('start', NULL, false)#2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/networking.inc(44): OMV\System\SystemCtl->start()#3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(194): OMVModuleNetworking->startService()#4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)#7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(565): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatuszp...', '/tmp/bgoutputOB...')#8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))#9 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)#10 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)#11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#12 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)#13 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)#14 {main}

is someone able to help?

dhcp is working fine

thanks,
    Eike

• you can try it, directy in /etc/network/interfaces with nano for example something like that
    # The primary network interfaceauto eth0iface eth0 inet staticaddress 192.168.0.2netmask 255.255.255.0network 192.168.0.0broadcast 192.168.0.255gateway 192.168.0.1dns-nameservers 192.168.0.3

OMV 3.0.99 (ERASMUS). Never change a running system. If you do it anyway, better you have a backup. :D

• you can try it, directy in /etc/network/interfaces with nano for example something like that
    # The primary network interfaceauto eth0iface eth0 inet staticaddress 192.168.0.2netmask 255.255.255.0network 192.168.0.0broadcast 192.168.0.255gateway 192.168.0.1dns-nameservers 192.168.0.3

I have tried this... OMV will time out using the webui and first aid. It looks like it still rights to /etc....interface but can't confirm the change.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't set my IP to fixed in OMV. Instead I set it to fixed in the router. That way I can also assign a name to the OMV server and use that instead of the IP.

My router runs dnsmasq.

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

• Job for networking.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status networking.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

This message tells you to look into the output of these two commands:

Code
    systemctl status networking.service
    journalctl -xe

Those contain information needed to diagnose the problem which is none I would assume since:

dhcp is working fine

So better stay with DHCP, check whether your router allows to set a static DHCP lease for your machine and assign an easy name like omv4 for example. Then you can access your OMV install by name and not by number.

• [/quote]

• Hi, anny solution?

I have the same problem. I have a board with two nic´s.
    If I try to change network settings and anable the change it ends with an error:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl start 'networking' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for networking.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status networking.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

regards
    Zeppelin

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!