File System Quota Check running for 12 hours after unexpected shutdown

• I have nvme SSD on which I installed Debian and OMV on top of it and two WD Red 4 TB drives in OMV RAID 1 config. Everything worked without any problems for a week and then I had two unexpected shutdowns. When I started my machine after unexpected shutdown, File System Quota Check was running for 12 hours after it finally loaded Debian OS. Is this delay normal? And interesting thing is that /var/log/syslog doesn't have any log input for that time period. Input in syslog starts only after Debian OS loads!
    Memory isn't the problem (memtest pic below) and same PicoPSU that I use, worked for over a year without any problems in another machine (and it consumes only 20W).

• two WD Red 4 TB drives in OMV RAID 1 config ... PicoPSU

Also called 'recipe for disaster' :)

If you want to play RAID you need reliable hardware, especially powering is essential. You could try to run quotacheck manually to see if the problem persists and I would immediately also run a forced fsck on your RAID1 (of course you might suffer from silent data corruption even if the filesystem isn't corrupted or can be repaired)

• But it is original PicoPSU-150XT and like I said, it worked for over a year on another system without any problems.
    Is it normal for quotacheck to work for 12 hours and then show all logs in the same second (the moment system booted)?
    Part of the log is below... how does it look?

• Is it possible to to make the command run before starting OS like chkdsk in Windows???
    In order to run it in terminal as I know it, I would have to unmount the drive, and in order to unmount the drive I would have to delete all the shares created earlier...

• I found out that if I run 'touch /forcefsck' that it will check file system after reboot.
    In syslog I got 'Mar 22 07:22:14 omv systemd-fsck[449]: vaultX: clean, 4241516/244187136 files, 679887432/976721872 blocks' so I guess that everything is fine.
    Can Docker container which is running in privileged mode cause system crash? Zoneminder for video surveillance is my suspect.

• I installed SystemRescueCD but it isn't working. I can select it in the boot menu but it is giving me errors. I logged via SFTP on OMV machine and the ISO is there so what can be the problem?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!