Plex Update

• OMV 4.x
    • New

ryecoaaron wrote:

gderf wrote:

If you are using a proper tag then all one has to do is restart the container.
      I guess it depends on the image and entrypoint script. I have used a few images that won't update with a restart.
      I was responding to the question about Plex dockers. I have used both the linuxserver.io and official Plex images. Both behave the way I described.
      --
      Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV 4.x - ASRock Rack C2550D4I - 16GB ECC - Silverstone DS380
    • New

gderf wrote:

I was responding to the question about Plex dockers. I have used both the linuxserver.io and official Plex images. Both behave the way I described.
      Ok. Makes sense. I don't use plex so I was just speaking for dockers in general.
      omv 4.1.22 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.15
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Plex Update

New

I'm sorry but I'm completely noob on linux, omv, plex and raspberry. First time i installed plex from inside omv plugins and it worked (but with plex update request in the plex page). Then i removed it and installed plex in docker using Technodad video guide. Plex works but i can't no longer see miniatures on pictures and video and some tipe of video don't works. My question is:
      1. Why to use docker instead a manual installation of plugin?
      2. Can i download server plugin from plex site and install it manually? See attached screenshot, wich is the right version for Omv on Raspberry pi3?

Thank you.[Blocked Image: https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190612/0db3ff27076c316d069c4bceb9d836dc.jpg]
    • New

gt4020 wrote:

Why to use docker instead a manual installation of plugin?
      Because the plex plugin is bad (I wrote it) and I don't want to do anything with it anymore. I want it to go away. Docker is very easy and keeps people from screwing up the OMV system.

gt4020 wrote:

Can i download server plugin from plex site and install it manually? See attached screenshot, wich is the right version for Omv on Raspberry pi3?
      Installing the package on the host is much more difficult to maintain. Why not try to fix the docker first?
      omv 4.1.22 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.15
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Plex Update

New

ryecoaaron wrote:

gt4020 wrote:

Why to use docker instead a manual installation of plugin?
      Because the plex plugin is bad (I wrote it) and I don't want to do anything with it anymore. I want it to go away. Docker is very easy and keeps people from screwing up the OMV system.

gt4020 wrote:

Can i download server plugin from plex site and install it manually? See attached screenshot, wich is the right version for Omv on Raspberry pi3?
      Installing the package on the host is much more difficult to maintain. Why not try to fix the docker first?
      Ok, i would like to fix it, but what i can do or check to make miniatures working? It is very annoying to scroll libraries with black miniatures...[Blocked Image: https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190612/5b55b13e90ea029748a9684f2b4560a7.jpg]