URBackup Server NEWBIE

• OMV 4.x
    • tannaroo wrote:

Ok, so within Portainer, I click New Container and named it Ur Backup.

the image I am using is uroni/urbackup-server.
      on Volumes, I click map additional volum and then bind. in the container, i enter /backups and then deploy container.

it then says urbackup is running on my dashboard

I don't like spaces in container names because they must be escaped in the shell when you handle things docker there. Personal preference though.

Your Volume definition is incomplete. What image documentation did you consult when setting this up?
      --
      Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

RAID - Its ability to disappoint is inversely proportional to the user's understanding of it.

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0 Stepping - 16GB ECC - Silverstone DS380
    • gderf wrote:

tannaroo wrote:

Ok, so within Portainer, I click New Container and named it Ur Backup.

the image I am using is uroni/urbackup-server.
      on Volumes, I click map additional volum and then bind. in the container, i enter /backups and then deploy container.

it then says urbackup is running on my dashboard
      I don't like spaces in container names because they must be escaped in the shell when you handle things docker there. Personal preference though.

Your Volume definition is incomplete. What image documentation did you consult when setting this up?
      I was using this web page: hub.docker.com/r/uroni/urbackup-server

Morlan wrote:

Which platform?
      Not sure of the question to be honest, but I'm using OMV5
      • Go to the tab "Stacks" in Portainer
      • "Add Stack"
      • Give it a name e.g. "Urbackup"
      • Under "Web Editor" paste this:

Source Code

1. version: '2'
      2. services:
      3. urbackup:
      4. image: morlan/urbackup_docker:amd64_latest
      5. container_name: urbackup
      6. restart: unless-stopped
      7. environment:
      8. - PUID=1000 #Enter the UID of your docker user here
      9. - PGID=100 #Enter the GID of your docker user here
      10. volumes:
      11. - /srv/dev-disk-by-label-enteryourlabelhere/appdata/urbackup/var_urbackup:/var/urbackup
      12. - /srv/dev-disk-by-label-enteryourlabelhere/urbackup:/backups
      13. network_mode: "host"
      14. privileged: true
      Display All
      • Deploy the Stack
    • Morlan wrote:

• Go to the tab "Stacks" in Portainer
      • "Add Stack"
      • Give it a name e.g. "Urbackup"
      • Under "Web Editor" paste this:

Source Code

1. version: '2'
      2. services:
      3. urbackup:
      4. image: morlan/urbackup_docker:amd64_latest
      5. container_name: urbackup
      6. restart: unless-stopped
      7. environment:
      8. - PUID=1000 #Enter the UID of your docker user here
      9. - PGID=100 #Enter the GID of your docker user here
      10. volumes:
      11. - /srv/dev-disk-by-label-enteryourlabelhere/appdata/urbackup/var_urbackup:/var/urbackup
      12. - /srv/dev-disk-by-label-enteryourlabelhere/urbackup:/backups
      13. network_mode: "host"
      14. privileged: true
      Display All
      • Deploy the Stack

I did all that changing my UID/GID and volumes for my label but when I press Deploy it came up with some Daemon error about connection refused.
    • tannaroo wrote:

appreciate all of the help but i'm giving up with this project.
      Why, granted it's a learning curve but it's the same for all users, I spent hours last weekend trying to get Pi-Hole to work via Portainer, I don't need it I was just curious. Did it work, no, still don't know why but I've not given up on it yet.
      I have some time later today to try one of the images on my OMV5 test rig, if it works I'll try and document it for you.

In your post above Portainer is a docker container so if you stopped it you'll have to restart it from the command line.
      Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?
    • geaves wrote:

tannaroo wrote:

appreciate all of the help but i'm giving up with this project.
      Why, granted it's a learning curve but it's the same for all users, I spent hours last weekend trying to get Pi-Hole to work via Portainer, I don't need it I was just curious. Did it work, no, still don't know why but I've not given up on it yet.I have some time later today to try one of the images on my OMV5 test rig, if it works I'll try and document it for you.

In your post above Portainer is a docker container so if you stopped it you'll have to restart it from the command line.
      I do appreciate it and I don't mean to cause offence. I have spent the first part of this year get my rasperry pi's and linux media servers up and running around the home which are working great. i have then focused on omv5 and linux file server to get working. to be honest i have been working on this setup for weeks (on/off) now and i am just not finding it intuitive. i have to find another setup that works for me so I wouldn't want you to spend time on this. maybe down the road when there are more youtube videos on OMV5 by TDL, I will relook at this.