URBackup Server NEWBIE

• From my windows pc I access the files on omv through samba protocol. You have to enable the protocol and add your folders in the shares tab.
    Then I have an omv user who is member of the sambashare group. I add omv in windows as a network share and enter the user credentials.

• From my windows pc I access the files on omv through samba protocol. You have to enable the protocol and add your folders in the shares tab.
    Then I have an omv user who is member of the sambashare group. I add omv in windows as a network share and enter the user credentials.

i had done all of that and within windows credential manager i have my user/name and password to access openmediavault network but some of the newbackup folders are not accessible.

i did not notice when i go in omv user the password i entered is blank - so not sure if omv console is retaining the password - should that be a field in the password box after i have save/apply configuration?

• I think that is how it is supposed to be.
    Which PGID and PUID did you specifiy for the container. Does your sambashare user has permissions to the urbackupfolders (before you change the ACL)?

Within the container PGID = 100 and PUID = 1000. This corresponds to my username when i access it from putty: id <username>.

I have setup a folder called Backups to allow all of my urbackup subfolders. This Backup Folder has been setup as 'Shared Folders' under Access Rights Management. Then also setup again under SMB/CIFS, 'Shares'. When I edit 'Shares', on public I've set it to 'Guests allowed'. The 'Inherit permissions' is off. My user <username> has sambashare selected in Access Rights Management, User, Groups. Then in Windows, I have enabled to CIF/SMB protocol and in windows credential manager, I have the <username> + password matching that within OMV. So it should be working I think?

As I say I can access the Backups folder. It is just the new subfolders that will not allow access, unless I click on ACL bit but I have to do this everytime which is frustrating

• I just tried it out and had no problems accessing my the backups with windows explorer. I did not manipulate the folder permissions at any point. When I set up the shared folder I left permission on default (User rw; Group rw; Others r).

• ok thanks. I'm thinking if its a windows issue. i turned off network discovery to remove my openmediavault and try to connect again but it does not remove the openmediavault network location. i also tried tp manually delete from windows explorer but it cant. do you know if there is a way to get rid of it so that i can try to reconnect with it again?

• hi morlan - i've given up on the permissions for now but have been playing around with urbackup. I've set the min file backups as 1 and max file backups as 2 in the settings but so far I have 4 full file backups so its not deleting the old backups to keep it to 2. is there something i'm doing incorrectly?

i have disabled incremantal backups

• I think urbackup has cleanup window when it's deleting old backups. You can also trigger these docker exec -it urbackup urbackupsrv <command>. For the right command you have to look at the urbackup documentation.

• today i just noticed that my OMV OS drive is now full and everything has stopped working on urbackup. I have the backup files going to a separate mounted drive and the docker config files also going to a separate drive (partitioned), so not sure why my OS drive is now full. is there a way to cleanup the OS drive with unwanted stuff?
    I tried apt-clean etc but it says my drive is full.

• Is your docker base path on your OS drive? By default its in /var/lib/docker. If yes, you should also change it to a seperate drive. You can use OMV-extras to specify another docker base path.
    Whats the output of du -sh /var/lib/docker?

• Yes it is! I have changed the docker path but how much should one allocate for docker stuff (i have a separate drive of around 20gb)?
    The output was 4.3GB but the OMV OS is 30gb so it doesn't account for all of it to be docker stuff. How can I delete the existing docker stuff from OMV OS to get working again?

• ok. but now i am getting monumental issues. i cant even access the control panel - getting this message:

Error #0:
    OMV\Exception: Failed to read file '/var/cache/openmediavault/cache.omv\controlpanel\login_js.json' (size=0). in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc:207
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc(223): OMV\Json\File->getContents()
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/controlpanel/controlpanelabstract.inc(173): OMV\Json\File->read()
    #2 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(46): OMV\ControlPanel\ControlPanelAbstract->render()
    #3 {main}

• Offizieller Beitrag

To move the docker base path with already existing containers is a matter of a controversial discussion. Some people reported problems. Cant give you a definitive answer. Need to test it first myself.

I think some people just change the path and expect everything to come back without moving the existing files. Personally, if I was going to change the path, I would uninstall docker and then reinstall.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

ok. but now i am getting monumental issues. i cant even access the control panel - getting this message:

Clear your browser cache or just ctrl-shift-R.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Yes my is full as well but I don't know. I have about 30gb on the system disk and the docker container was only 4.5gb, so together with the system there should be plenty so i don't how its got full. All of my backups are going to separate hard drives.

through putty what commands do i run to see what is on the system disk and how do i delete things?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!