URBackup Server NEWBIE

• Ok, so within Portainer, I click New Container and named it Ur Backup.

the image I am using is uroni/urbackup-server.
    on Volumes, I click map additional volum and then bind. in the container, i enter /backups and then deploy container.

it then says urbackup is running on my dashboard

I don't like spaces in container names because they must be escaped in the shell when you handle things docker there. Personal preference though.

Your Volume definition is incomplete. What image documentation did you consult when setting this up?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I don't like spaces in container names because they must be escaped in the shell when you handle things docker there. Personal preference though.

Your Volume definition is incomplete. What image documentation did you consult when setting this up?

I was using this web page: https://hub.docker.com/r/uroni/urbackup-server

Which platform?

Not sure of the question to be honest, but I'm using OMV5

• You need to configure Volumes and Ports. Have you done any of that fully?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• well i think i have setup the volumes and inserted the absolute path in the host field but i have done nothing on ports.

i have been using the plex portainer youtube video by TDL and tried to adapt that. I don't think there was any mention of ports, so no is the answer. can you kindly advise what I would need to do?

• Strange when I try it loads without issues. Did you try docker pull morlan/urbackup_docker:amd64_latest from cli ?

No I dont really use cli. I have the OMV OS and then try to use Portainer and I'm really struggling to know if I'm even doing it right via Portainer - as you can tell I'm a newbie.

• Go to the tab "Stacks" in Portainer
    • "Add Stack"
    • Give it a name e.g. "Urbackup"
    • Under "Web Editor" paste this:
    • Deploy the Stack
    • Go to the tab "Stacks" in Portainer
    • "Add Stack"
    • Give it a name e.g. "Urbackup"
    • Under "Web Editor" paste this:
    • Deploy the Stack

I did all that changing my UID/GID and volumes for my label but when I press Deploy it came up with some Daemon error about connection refused.

• Offizieller Beitrag

appreciate all of the help but i'm giving up with this project.

Why, granted it's a learning curve but it's the same for all users, I spent hours last weekend trying to get Pi-Hole to work via Portainer, I don't need it I was just curious. Did it work, no, still don't know why but I've not given up on it yet.
    I have some time later today to try one of the images on my OMV5 test rig, if it works I'll try and document it for you.

In your post above Portainer is a docker container so if you stopped it you'll have to restart it from the command line.

• Why, granted it's a learning curve but it's the same for all users, I spent hours last weekend trying to get Pi-Hole to work via Portainer, I don't need it I was just curious. Did it work, no, still don't know why but I've not given up on it yet.I have some time later today to try one of the images on my OMV5 test rig, if it works I'll try and document it for you.

In your post above Portainer is a docker container so if you stopped it you'll have to restart it from the command line.

I do appreciate it and I don't mean to cause offence. I have spent the first part of this year get my rasperry pi's and linux media servers up and running around the home which are working great. i have then focused on omv5 and linux file server to get working. to be honest i have been working on this setup for weeks (on/off) now and i am just not finding it intuitive. i have to find another setup that works for me so I wouldn't want you to spend time on this. maybe down the road when there are more youtube videos on OMV5 by TDL, I will relook at this.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!