Cannot find wifi-interface ASUS PCE-AC55BT

• Hi everyone!

I'm encountering an issue in which I cannot find my wifi-card. The card itself has both, wifi and bluetooth but I just need the wifi to work.
    When looking in the omv-web interface network->interfaces->Add->WiFi no device is listed.

I checked for the used chip of the PCI-E card and it seems that it uses Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 which should be supported, since I found the drivers in /lib/firmware.

Any idea of what might ber the problem or which information can provide so you can help me find a solution?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you have the backports 4.9 kernel installed? You probably should upgrade to OMV 4.x which would use the 4.19 kernel offering better support of that card. Plus, OMV 3.x is EOL'd.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Sorry for my late reply! I upgraded it yesterday late in the evening and the upgrade ran smoothly. I also find the wifi-card now but apparently, I am not able to establish a wireless connection next to the existing wired one. I've entered the SSID and the password and let the other settings on default (IPv4 via DHCP, IPv6 deactivated). Maybe you have an idea why that doesn't work?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe both adapters are getting the same gateway. So, the system only uses one. I will try to repoduce on a VM with more than one ethernet port.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are you using dhcp for both network adapters? Can you post the output of ip route show? I wasn't able to duplicate this with a VM.

• Thank you for your reply!
    Yes, both interfaces use dhcp and connect to the same router..
    Here the result from  ip route show

Code
    default via 192.168.178.1 dev eth0
    192.168.178.0/24 dev eth0 proto kernel scope link src 192.168.178.52
    192.168.178.1 dev eth0 scope link

I guess I could try to disconnect eth0 (its connected via LAN to a "Wireless extender" because the router is next door and my roommates won't approve the LAN cable) and connect to it locally to make the set-up?

And after writing this, the netwrok adapters have the same gateway, because both connect to the same router, right? :facepalm:

Btw. I can't recommend the extender, never gets the promised speed even if 2m away from router with one wall in between ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

And after writing this, the netwrok adapters have the same gateway, because both connect to the same router, right?

Yep.

Btw. I can't recommend the extender, never gets the promised speed even if 2m away from router with one wall in between

A wireless adapter probably wouldn't either.

• So I've rebooted the system without having LAN connected but the wifi set up in OMV. But it will not connect, for some reason.. Any idea?

Edit: I tried to set up the network again using omv-firstaid und was ich bekommen habe ist das folgende:
    ERROR: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:usr/bin:usr/sbin:usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; monit monitor collected 2>&1' exit with code '1': Cannot create socket to [localhost]:2812 -- Connection refused
    I am very sure I've entered the correct connection information ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

But it will not connect, for some reason.. Any idea?

Nope. I've never used OMV with a wireless connection.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!