Starting over

• Hi all,i have made a new server with 8x4 tb disk and a ssd to put the system on,i want to make it at first a media server and maybe later on more to do with it.
    Is it possible to make on system disk and the other 32 tb for a data disk/volume/?
    And how do i run things like sabnzbd radarr plex couchpotato headphones etc on it?
    Sorry if i put this in the wrong section

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi all,i have made a new server with 8x4 tb disk and a ssd to put the system on,i want to make it at first a media server and maybe later on more to do with it.
    Is it possible to make on system disk and the other 32 tb for a data disk/volume/?
    And how do i run things like sabnzbd radarr plex couchpotato headphones etc on it?
    Sorry if i put this in the wrong section

Regarding the OS disk... It's Possible, but it's a bit more detailed than a normal install.. If you're comfortable installing Linux, it's easy

1. Install Debian 9 from the Netinst.ISO, make sure only the OS drive and the installer drive is connected (usb, cdrom, whatever)
    2. Partition the OS drive as you would like with the installer
    3. Complete the install. When asked what software to install... Only Install SSH Server. No desktop, etc. is needed.
    4. Let the install complete and then boot.
    5. SSH the server
    6. Follow the instructions from the Guides section, on how to install OpenMediaVault on top of Debian 9.

As for the other things, the easiest thing will be Docker... Learn it, live it, love it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!