rsnapshot cron jobs

• Hi, i'm currently have an older QNAP Nas and currently testing other NAS Solution to finally replace my old QNAP. I setup the latest OMV on a PC and tried out different setups and plugins.
    To Backup the datadisk on the OMV Installation i tried rsnapshot. Everthing is working fine, but under rsnapshot i can only define which folder should be as source and destination and how many backup's should be retained, but i didn't found any scheduled job in the web gui, because i would set the time when the snapshots where getting started and the possiblity to disable maybe the hourly rsnapshot.
    Finally i found the right cronjobs in the file "/etc/cron.d/openmediavault-rsnapshot" where each rsnapshot is defined. Wouldn't it make sense when these Jobs would be visible under "Scheduled Jobs" ?
    Or is that by design ?
    Anyway best NAS Software ! Thumb up :thumbup:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Wouldn't it make sense when these Jobs would be visible under "Scheduled Jobs" ?
    Or is that by design ?

This is by design. The times apply to all jobs. So, they would have to be in a settings tab. The plugin would need a lot of rewriting to allow per job times.

3am is usually off hours for most people and the time they would pick anyway. And most people use the hourly features, so the starting hour doesn't mean anything.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!