Error when I add a share!

• Hi,

I run OVM 4.1.20-1, and I meet some problems when I add a share.

I've an existing LVM from an old OVM 0.5.60, which is correctly detected by LVM Plugin, and I'm able to mount it correctly from OVM "FileSystems" panel.

But when I try to add share from this LVM, I obtain an error when I apply change:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl restart 'sharedfolders-documents.mount' 2>&1' with exit code '1': A dependency job for sharedfolders-documents.mount failed. See 'journalctl -xe' for details.

with the details:

"journalctl -xe" give:

I obtain the same error when I try to add a share from another disk (external disk) newly added and formatted from OVM.
    I don't have another internal disk, then I didn't try to add a share from an "generic"internal hdd.

Does someone have some idea why I meet this problem?

If you want I can send you an OVM System Report.

Thanks,
    Chris

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are you trying to create a shared folder called documents?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Yes, I try to create a shared folder called "documents".
    In this case, the folder "documents" is already existing on the "device".
    But I obtain the fail, if I try to create a new shared folder on this device (LVM) or on another device.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Post the output of:

cat /etc/systemd/system/sharedfolders-documents.mount
    cat /etc/systemd/system/sharedfolders-documents.automount

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Thanks ryecoaaron, here the results:

At the start (after reboot):

Code
    root@nas:~# cat /etc/systemd/system/sharedfolders-documents.mount
    cat: /etc/systemd/system/sharedfolders-documents.mount: No such file or directory
    root@nas:~# cat /etc/systemd/system/sharedfolders-documents.automount
    cat: /etc/systemd/system/sharedfolders-documents.automount: No such file or directory

After having create the share:

Code
    root@nas:~# cat /etc/systemd/system/sharedfolders-documents.mount
    cat: /etc/systemd/system/sharedfolders-documents.mount: No such file or directory
    root@nas:~# cat /etc/systemd/system/sharedfolders-documents.automount
    cat: /etc/systemd/system/sharedfolders-documents.automount: No such file or directory

After "Apply" the change:

"Apply" error message:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl restart 'sharedfolders-documents.mount' 2>&1' with exit code '1': A dependency job for sharedfolders-documents.mount failed. See 'journalctl -xe' for details.

"Apply" error details:

"journalctl -xe" result:

After "revert" (to remove "Apply")

• Offizieller Beitrag

That all looks ok. What is the output of:
    grep 4TB1 /proc/mounts
    ls -al /srv/dev-disk-by-label-4TB1/

• Thanks, here the outputs...

Current state:

And after having add share:

• Thanks KM0201, yes could be... and the error source could be a conflict from the last updates.

In my side, I've no docker running, and I've not yet install the Docker plugin, but I was able to add shares one month ago, including the share "documents" and others folders from the LVM.

To try to find the cause of this error, I've unset all settings that I've done:
    - disable SMB,
    - umount/mount LVM (or other files systems)
    - delete all firewall rules,
    - set back default port (80/443),
    - uninstall omvextraorg plugin,
    but I still have this error!

The last thing that I didn't remove since my last share adding, is default updates.
    And if I didn't do a mistake, problem has appeared after updates on 2019-03-17.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Then I have no idea what it could be... In my case, the folders I was adding had nothing to do with Docker or my Containers folder... but when I'd get the error, it always referenced my Containers folder.... this made me think to just disable all of my Docker containers an then try to add the share, and it worked perfectly.. restart Docker containers, problem repeats.

Once I remapped my Docker container paths, I've not had the problem since.

Since you're not running Docker, it would appear there is some sort of problem with how the webUI is accessing the shortcuts under /sharedfolders.. I've not saw any other posts on it though, so whatever it is must be a fairly unique set of circumstances, but I'm not really doing anything exotic on my NAS.

• Offizieller Beitrag

SO NO SOLUTION? This is kind of a massive show stopping bug.

I can't reproduce this. There are thousands of people using OMV 4.x and not running into this bug. So, I don't think it is so massive. Can you add sharedfolders for a folder that doesn't exist?

• Then I have no idea what it could be... In my case, the folders I was adding had nothing to do with Docker or my Containers folder... but when I'd get the error, it always referenced my Containers folder.... this made me think to just disable all of my Docker containers an then try to add the share, and it worked perfectly.. restart Docker containers, problem repeats.

Once I remapped my Docker container paths, I've not had the problem since.

Since you're not running Docker, it would appear there is some sort of problem with how the webUI is accessing the shortcuts under /sharedfolders.. I've not saw any other posts on it though, so whatever it is must be a fairly unique set of circumstances, but I'm not really doing anything exotic on my NAS.

I am having a similar problem, running OMV 5.0.12-1 and Docker. If I disable Docker I can add the share. Did you just remap to the same sharedfolders for your containers? On some of my containers I am binding volumes to /sharedfolders/xxxxx.

Thanks

• Last question, I am using snapraid and unionfs and have the following:

9281424326658 4 drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 4096 Nov 3 10:09 7b9a5991-098e-4993-a5e3-b9db0fc5699e
    2752551 4 drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 Oct 31 16:23 dev-disk-by-label-Docker
    2752555 4 drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 Nov 3 07:42 dev-disk-by-label-Test
    2 4 drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Nov 3 08:53 dev-disk-by-label-appdata
    2 4 drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Nov 3 00:59 dev-disk-by-label-data1
    2 4 drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 4096 Nov 3 00:59 dev-disk-by-label-data2
    2 4 drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Nov 3 00:59 dev-disk-by-label-data3
    2 4 drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 4096 Nov 3 00:59 dev-disk-by-label-data4
    2 4 drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 4096 Nov 3 00:59 dev-disk-by-label-data5
    2 4 drwxr-xr-x 8 root root 4096 Nov 3 00:59 dev-disk-by-label-data6
    2 4 drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 4096 Nov 3 10:09 dev-disk-by-label-data7
    2 4 drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Nov 3 00:59 dev-disk-by-label-parity
    2752514 4 drwxr-xr-x 2 ftp nogroup 4096 Oct 30 21:07 ftp
    2752516 4 drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Nov 2 14:49 pillar
    2752523 4 drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Nov 2 14:49 salt

I assume the path would be /srv/7b9a5991-098e-4993-a5e3-b9db0fc5699e/shareX? Given that is the unionFS...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!