Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; monit -t 2>&1' with exit code '1':

• hi out there

i have a problem with my OMV4 installation...
    its a complete new installation, i just mounted some external hdds and now i want to configure the email-notification but everytime i want to apply i receive thiis error...

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; monit -t 2>&1' with exit code '1': /etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf:12: Service name conflict, filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-4TB already defined '"/srv/dev-disk-by-label-4TB"' /etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf:16: Service name conflict, mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-label-4TB already defined ''/srv/dev-disk-by-label-4TB''

Fehler #0:OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; monit -t 2>&1' with exit code '1': /etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf:12: Service name conflict, filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-4TB already defined '"/srv/dev-disk-by-label-4TB"'/etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf:16: Service name conflict, mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-label-4TB already defined ''/srv/dev-disk-by-label-4TB'' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/monit.inc(49): OMV\System\Process->execute()#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(168): OMVModuleMonit->applyConfig()#2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(565): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusRD...', '/tmp/bgoutputVa...')#6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))#7 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)#8 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)#9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)#11 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)#12 {main}

i edited /etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf and found two times the same hdd mounted so i set a # before one line, and also in fstab i found double lined hdd conf.
    restarted and nothing changed... still the error..
    does anyone have a solution????

i nearly cant change anything because everytime i want to save my changes i receive this error...

thanks for help

• I ran into the same issue. I had to clear out entries in two files.

1. /etc/openmediavault/config.xml

In here, look for <mntent> tags. dev-disk-by-label-NAME was listed twice for me (with different UUID's, but the same fsname). I deleted one of the entires, and saved the file.

2. /etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf

In here, I cleared out the identical references to dev-disk-by-label-NAME. In my case, I had two of these for FileA. I removed one of them and saved.

Code
    check filesystem filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-FileA with path "/srv/dev-disk-by-label-FileA"
      if space usage > 85% for 5 times within 15 cycles
        then alert else if succeeded for 10 cycles then alert

check program mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-label-FileA with path "/bin/mountpoint '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-FileA'"
      if status != 0 then alert

Finally, reboot after making these changes. It should solve the issue.

• I have the same issue.

I went back and added another disk, and made a RAID 1, but the old disks are still listed. I've tried remove them from the config and fstab and etc. They just keep getting re-written in those files. I'm not sure what is doing it yet.

I is the quizat haderach
    --
    OMV 4.x - Raspi 4 4g 4tb R1

• I found them in /srv/
    Once I removed them from there (in addition to the aforementioned locations) and ran 'service monit start' then I could stop getting those errors.

I is the quizat haderach
    --
    OMV 4.x - Raspi 4 4g 4tb R1

• I experienced a similar issue specific to SMB/CIFS. I renamed the samba workgroup name. i'm a NOBIE so no clue why, i'm just fiddling. I am trying to operate with syncthing so maybe this helps someone else.

• For the record, i just had this with 5.5.0-1 on a Raspberry PI4 2GB. Reboot resolved it, but it leaves me with mixed feelings regarding the reliability of this system. I picked a RPI to keep it up 24/7

• Offizieller Beitrag

it leaves me with mixed feelings regarding the reliability of this system.

Do you know what monit does? OMV is definitely a stable system.

I picked a RPI to keep it up 24/7

While I think an RPi shoudn't be shutdown all the time, if you wanted an ultra stable server that is meant to be up 24/7, an RPi or any arm board is not the right choice.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hello, I just encountered this error while creating a union file system. I am replying here in hope to bring the thread back.

I checked for duplicate drive paths in etc/omv/config.xml under the mtent tag but I did not see any.

I also checked the conf file in etc/monit/config.d for duplicate entries but things look normal to me.

My full error log is below:

• Hi! I just registered to chime in as I had the same issue and MAYBE someone googling this will end up here.

Background: I have Multiple drives in a couple of ZFS arrays. I use OMV mainly because I like the interface and I'm familiar with Linux tools.

Issue / Fix: I had the same exact error message as posted here but in my case, the issue was related to updating the kernel. I use Proxmox kernel and all I needed to do to fix the issue was to re-install proxmox kernel through the interface.

I went through a few hoops before I though of that since I'm retarded but hopefully you won't have to if you're reading this. FYI, this "issue" (or user config error) will cause all sorts of problems, none of which will mention zsf, proxmox or anything related.

Hope that helps!

---

You always need at least twice the space you think you will.

• I previously had Plex running on OMV and a RPi4 without any hiccups. But for some reason after changing my router, the Plex just wouldn't play ball. I gave up tinkering and just started afresh. However, now with a fresh install, 2 out of the 3 external drives I was previously using gives this error when I try to mount them:

Can anyone give me some advice on what is the problem? Thx in advance!

• Hello.
    In my case, the error appeared after adding two new drives, and creating a new zfs pool.
    I was able to view the old pool and the new pool in the gui, but the reference with the shared folders broke.
    Even rebooting multiple times didnt resolved at first.

Then I got inspiration from 5oundless post.
    I edited the file: /etc/openmediavault/config.xml

I copied the <uuid> value from the <mntent> tag to the corresponding shared element

<mntent>

<uuid>xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx</uuid>

</mntent>

to:

<sharedfolder>

<mntentref>xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx</mntentref>

</sharedfolder>

then reboot.

That resolved the error and my broken references :)

• Hi All,

I noticed many OMV errors on the web console are high possibly caused by the chrony service is not started or not enabled due to unknown issue. Once I started the chrony service, all works fine. You may encountered chrony throws error when it is first enabled and started, you just need to restart it using systemctl again. All the error should be gone.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!