Upgrading from 2.2.14 - making sure I don't mess up my file systems!

• Hi all

A house move and work means I've been ignoring the need to update OMV on my HP Micro Server for rather a long time! Although stoneburner is still working, I'm aware there is no longer support for it and I really should upgrade! I'm also aware this needs to be a clean install.

I have downloaded the latest version and watched the full install video, to remind me how to do it.

My question is how do I best ensure I don't mess up the date contained in my file system? I have x4 WD red 3TB drives in RAID5 and I'm using about 5TB of that, plus have a load of folder shares setup that I'd rather not have to try and recreate.

I'm also aware I need to remove the physical storage discs before I install the latest version of OMV (I have previously done an upgrade rebuild, but had an IT-savvy mate to assist me!) but I seem to recall it was a bit fiddly to 'mount' the existing file system once the install was complete and the data drives were reinstalled.

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere - not knowing what to use as search terms to find the answer has stumped me a bit! A link to what I should be doing would be great, or some idiot-proof guidance :)

Am planning on doing this either today or over the weekend, hopefully. I need to retrieve my server and find the key to access the drives first!

Thank you for any assistance

Adrian

• Offizieller Beitrag

Unplug all data drives, leaving only OS drive plugged in
    Install OS
    Plug Data drives in
    Mount raid.

That's pretty much the jest of it... You are gonna have to set up your shared folders again (in the webUI)... but the data will still e on the disks.

• Thanks for the reply - it more or less went smoothly! I had an issue with installing from a USB stick to an SSD, which I remember having an issue with before so some searching found the solution ref sorting grub post-install :)

Got most of the setup done but now having some issues, which I'll post about separately as this thread title isn't very helpful for that!

Adrian

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!