Correcting apt-get and cron-apt 404 errors in OMV 3 for Arm

• Hi,

If like me you are using OMV 3.0.99 on an Odroid XU4 you may have noted that you are no longer able to download some updates through OMV's web interface and are get CRON-APT errors through email on a daily base. This is because of changes to the URLs of the Debian Jessie packages which have now been archived. So you will need to make changes to /etc/apt/sources.list accordingly.

According to this you can simply comment out the jessie-updates line and change the URL of the backports line to point to the archived version.
    Here is what my sources.list now looks like:

Once you've saved the changes to sources.list you will now receive a new type of error when running apt-get update.

E: Release file for http://archive.debian.org/debi…essie-backports/InRelease is expired (invalid since 38d 18h 31min 2s). Updates for this repository will not be applied.

To correct this all you have to do is:

echo 'Acquire::Check-Valid-Until no;' > /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/99no-check-valid-until

Voilà!

• Offizieller Beitrag

This should signal you to upgrade to OMV 4.x. OMV 3.x is EOL'd and jessie is barely supported now.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• it seems that all 3.0xx users we are, must upgrade our old 3.xx to 4.x, if i understand what i read here or there, about jessie-updates.

i am afraid of 4.x, because, last try i went back to 3.0.

• Offizieller Beitrag

it seems that all 3.0xx users we are, must upgrade our old 3.xx to 4.x, if i understand what i read here or there, about jessie-updates.

You don't have to but it is highly recommended if you want a system with updates.

i am afraid of 4.x, because, last try i went back to 3.0.

Do you have a thread where I could see what problems you were having?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!