I'm stuck and don't know where to start getting unstuck

• Hello all,

I've got myself in a muddle and don't know how to proceed or even what to ask.

I have OMV set up, OMV extras and Docker up and running. I managed to issue a certificate with linuxserverlestsencrypt docker container. I also installed Nextcloud docker and had it working until I installed the letsencrypt setup.

Now, I have three docker containers running but they are not showing ports in the port column as shown in the screenshot below.

On this thread, Morlan very kindly pointed me to another thread that seems to address a similar quagmire, but I have some difficulties. I am trying to do this without using DuckDNS, as I already have my own static WAN IP for which I pay my ISP. I also have a domain name pointing to my IP with A name records set up for a couple of subsdomains: cloudi for nextcloud and vaulti for the OMV server.

Please could anyone give me some advice on what to do next, what information I need to gather or what logs I might post to make the situation clearer to kind advisers. I had nextcloud working on a devoted server, but turned it off to transfer it to OMV. I am missing having my calendars, tasks, contacts and files available and I only have limited time in the week to figure this out.

I've dug around the logs for the containers and have this error in the Nextcloud logs:

Code
    ifelse: fatal: unable to exec --network: No such file or directory

and in the lestsencrypt log, I have this error:

Code
    ifelse: fatal: unable to exec --cap-add=NET_ADMIN: No such file or directory

I recognise the NET_ADMIN thing from the install video, so I'm going to dig into that and try some searches.

• Okay, I've sorted out several errors and letsencrypt is now running. I've got the 'Welcome to our server' screen:

Woohoo!

That does mean I've fixed it, doesn't it?

I did a lot of messing about with config files, following suggestions I found on other threads, particularly with the Nextcloud configs. I'm not sure I can trace back all my blundering about, even though I did try to keep notes. So, things are messy. This raises a few questions:

• Would I be best off just deleting the Nextcloud container and setting it up again?
    • If so, do I also need to replace my nextcloud mariadb container?
    • And will deleting the container completely replace everything related to Nextcloud back to default?

I've got letsencrypt set up with ports forwarded as per @'TechnoDadLife's newest letsencrypt video (bless you, Sir: I will Patreon you when this is all over, even though I am now hearing your voice in my dreams and pronouncing 'data' with a short American 'a').

So, now to search for a guide to installing Nextcloud AFTER having set up Letsencrypt. Specifically, I need to work out which ports to use for NC.

• Hi! Maybe this blog post from the guys @ linuxserver.io can shed some light on making NextCloud run on your setup. Takes to account the letsencrypt container too:

NextCloud Container

NOW:
    Mac mini Late 2012 / macOS Catalina / Docker Desktop for Mac
    Intel Core i7-3615QM CPU @ 2.30GHz - 16GB RAM - 4 external disks via USB3.0 - Gigabit Ethernet - 20 docker containers via docker-compose ;)
    PREVIOUS:
    omv 5.2.1-1 (Usul) - Bevy NUC thanks to TechnoDadLife (NUC5CPYB)
    Celeron N3050 @ 1.60GHz - 8GB RAM - 2 external disks via USB3.0 - Gigabit Ethernet - 21 docker containers via docker-compose :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!