Fresh install hangs on Jetway NF9C Atom N2600

• I'm wanting to try OMV on an Jetway NF9C Atom N2600 Intel NM10 chipset Mini-ITX board.

I'm using a the latest 4.1.3 installation image on USB. On start, the system find USB and presents the OMV install option screen, however somewhere between 1.5 seconds, to 1.9 seconds into the install (with all the hardware detection lines scrolling past) the system just hangs indefinitely. Where it stops on the hardware detection lines changes each time, so it's not easy to tell what's causing the hang.

After a bit of Googling my suspicions lie with with Linux/Debian issues with ACPI and 'CPU 'C States" - https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=816751

I've tried various BIOS settings to enable or disable various ACPI or power states, but none seem to work and the system still hangs every time.

Is there a way to modify the OMV USB install files to potentially overcome the issue as suggested in the link above to set "intel_idle.max_cstate=0"?

Any help greatly appreciated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there a way to modify the OMV USB install files to potentially overcome the issue as suggested in the link above to set "intel_idle.max_cstate=0"?

Looking at your link you could add the suggestion in the reply in /etc/default/grub GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="intel_idle.max_cstate=0"

I edited an iso once, an MS Office installer to add the licence key, then wrote the iso to an installer cd, so I do know it's possible to do but initially you have to mount the iso to view it's content, which I have tested on W10. The grub.cfg is located under /boot/grub -> is that the file you would edit? I don't know, but that would be the way I would possibly approach it.

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!