Updated Duplicati outside of OMV, can't access it anymore

• Apologies if this should have been in a different forum!

I run OMV and have the Duplicati plugin installed to back some of my files up to a cloud storage provider. Yesterday I updated my OMV installation through "Update management" in the web interface. After this was completed, I went to check if Duplicati had any issues and it reported an update being available. It didn't immediately click with me that this was originally installed through OMV (I run it elsewhere, too) and so I clicked to update.

Now, when I try to access the Duplicati web interface, I get the message:
    "The host header sent by the client is not allowed"

I guess I could start digging around in this and see how I can get it all fixed, but I am worried I'll worsen the situation by trying to fix something that was installed by and is (sort of?) being managed by OMV.

Any pointers or suggestions would be helpful!

• If it's now preferable (recommended ?) to use Docker instead of plugins then a 'How to..' or at least a link to help out poor souls like me who are old enough to think a Docker was somebody who unloaded ships :) (Pre austerity of course!).

This is just like the old days of early Unix/Linux when the uninitiated were told to edit a file (for example) by those 'who knew' without specifying the path to the file location. It would help those of us who 'don't know' if those 'who know' could be a bit more explicit in these sort of cases, then we can all benefit and not be subjected to this kind on implied scorn by those 'who know'.

A moderator, especially, should know that a good first answer can reduce the number of subsequent tickets on the same or similar subject thus eventually actually reducing their workload.

Chris

• Great, but again links to these location in your reply would have meant I didn't need to reply again - saving you and me time and effort :) Are there guides there which would help me understand how to:

Install Docker ready for OMV
    Install OMV to a Docker installation
    Install 'other things' to a Docker installation already running OMV

ie all the things somebody new to Docker (like me) would need to use it to replace (run alongside) my existing OMV installation. A 'sticky' post or a link to concise set of instructions for these items would be a good starting point for anybody looking to use a Docker/OMV installation for the first time.

BTW - OMV (at least up to v4.x) majors in its documentation on its use of Plugins - is the use of Docker now changing this recommendation ? If so, this should be properly 'announced' somewhere.

Chris

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you search for "The host header sent by the client is not allowed" in the duplicati forum you find some threads related to this error.
    https://forum.duplicati.com/se…t%20is%20not%20allowed%22

Regarding Docker have a look here:
    Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced

• Offizieller Beitrag

then a 'How to..' or at least a link

A 'sticky' post or a link

We made the docker video guides thread an announcement/sticky post on every forum section at the top so that we wouldn't have to give a link every time. The first post of that thread explains or links to everything you need.

But here are the links...

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks @macom for the references.

Everyone else: ok, ok, ok, i got it. Docker. I run OMV on a Pi, so adding layers worries me from a resource perspective. Thats why it was set up this way last year. But I guess I'll give it a try. Thx.

• Using intel gathered from the links posted by @macom, I decided to edit the daemon arguments passed by systemd. For those facing the same problem, I edited /etc/default/duplicati to contain the following line :

DAEMON_OPTS="--webservice-port=8200 --webservice-interface=any --webservice-allowed-hostnames=*"

Now at least I have access to the web ui and can keep it running. Migration to Docker will happen at some point when I have more time.

Thanks for the help, everyone.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I edited /etc/default/duplicati to contain the following line

This will be overwritten if you change anything in the plugin.

adding layers worries me from a resource perspective

Docker is barely a layer and shouldn't affect anything. OMV itself is more resource intensive than docker. If resources are that tight, I would use something better than an RPi.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!