OMV loses sharedfolder mounts at every reboot

• Hi,

So I tried to setup a bond ethernet connection, which ended up being a big disaster requiring command line intervention. I had a "configuration not commit, revert or commit" issues so I went through and ran omv-conf everything try to get rid of it (this was probably dumb) anyways, after getting that sorted, no every time I reboot the system I lose all my sharedfolder mounts. They instantly all recreate if I add or remove a mount. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this permanent again? I took a peak in the config.xml file without changing anything and as near as I can tell everything is in there, so it's a bit perplexing that this isn't persistent when it was before this bonded ethernet adventure/disaster.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

• Offizieller Beitrag

A shot in the dark...

I used to have a similar problem, but it was not related to the network configuration at all.

I tried to set the physical disk properties of the drive. OMV use hdparm to issue those changes to the drive during a reboot. And it seems that with some combination of computer and disk hardware (typically big nice NAS drive) it caused the data drive to not mount, possibly due to incompatibility with hdparm. I never did come to a definite reason to the problem, only a fix I could live with. To make sure hdparm was not used.

Could it be possible that you also have changed some physical disk properties in OMV as you changed/updated the network? Try disabling/not touching ANY/ALL of those settings and see if that helps during the next reboot/reinstall. APM/Spindown and so on. Accessed with edit on the disk.

• it's 3 12TB drives made into a bigdisk with the unionfs plugin. It previously worked. The individual disks and the bigdisk all show up in /srv/ and area readable there. I ran omv-mkconf hdparm as part of running everything but the disks are mounted, just these addon /sharedfolder directories are not mounting (I looked in fstab, the stuff that works in /srv/ is in there, the sharedfolder stuff is not, I'm assuming they are generated outside of the normal linux way with some omv magic?)

• Offizieller Beitrag

it's 3 12TB drives made into a bigdisk with the unionfs plugin. It previously worked. The individual disks and the bigdisk all show up in /srv/ and area readable there. I ran omv-mkconf hdparm as part of running everything but the disks are mounted, just these addon /sharedfolder directories are not mounting (I looked in fstab, the stuff that works in /srv/ is in there, the sharedfolder stuff is not, I'm assuming they are generated outside of the normal linux way with some omv magic?)

There's been other threads on this issue. Essentially what is happening is the folders are attempting to mount before the merged file system is mounted. So basically they are blank. Search unionfs racing or mergerfs racing.

• Thanks, I'll try it out. I tried searching for mounting and came up blank, didn't think it would be a mergerfs situation, especially since it previously worked. Thanks for your help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!