Weird shared folder access issues - SnapRaid related?

• My OVM box has been running rock solid for months now, but this is the second time I'm having issues with shared folders after installing some updates.
    I can no longer write to my shared folder and Windows is telling me I don't have the correct user privileges. Yet this has worked fine until today, except a small hitch a month or two ago.
    I've tried resetting the permissions at no avail.
    I can't upload files to the shared folders using FTP as root either (yes, root login is enabled).
    The weird thing is, I can delete files in the same folder from Windows, no problem at all.
    Any suggestions on how to solve this issues?

On top of this, I can't assign a new share to the directory on its own and I get the following error message.
    If I'm reading that correctly, the file system is read only, but that shouldn't be the case and how would I get it back to a normal file system?
    I should mention I use UFS and SnapRaid.

Edit: Never mind, solved it by running the commands here - OMV is suddenly read only

Edit 2: Had a power surge later on in the same day which caused the NAS to reboot (first time I've had a power surge in forever, might need to get a UPS). The file system reverted back to read only after the reboot. Any ideas what's going on? Running the commands in the link above and rebooting seemingly solved the issue, until I ran the SnapRaid Scrub which put the NAS into read only mode again.

Edit 3: Another power surge and it's clear it's not the rebooting that's the issue, it seems to be related to SnapRaid somehow. Every time I run a check with SnapRaid, it puts the file system into read only. Any ideas?

OMV 6.x, Gigabyte Z270N-WiFi, i7-6700K@3GHz, 16GB DDR4-3000, 4x 4TB Toshiba N300, 1x 60GB Corsair GT SSD (OS drive), 10Gbps Aquantia Ethernet

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von TheLostSwede ()

• Kernel update today, rebooted and system goes into read only mode.
    I still need some help in solving this, as I have no idea what's going on.
    Even running the command I found in the other thread doesn't seem to solve the problem now.
    Desperately need to know what's going on and how to solve it.

OMV 6.x, Gigabyte Z270N-WiFi, i7-6700K@3GHz, 16GB DDR4-3000, 4x 4TB Toshiba N300, 1x 60GB Corsair GT SSD (OS drive), 10Gbps Aquantia Ethernet

• Offizieller Beitrag

snapraid isn't running all the time. If the system goes to read only when running a sync, I would check your memory or OS drive or even CPU temps (fan failure?) or data drives (maybe sync is hitting bad drive?). snapraid can't be causing the boot issue since it never starts during boot.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Well, one of the drives has a SMART flag for some bad sectors, which is odd, as the drives are all fairly new.
    No other issues with the hardware.
    I keep getting hit with various issues that prevents me from writing data to the drives though.
    It seems after the Kernel update, I got hit by the user permission issue again, reset user permissions and it mostly works.
    Also had issues with Dockers not being given write access to the drives, but restarting the docker seems to have solved that.

• Offizieller Beitrag

4.19 backports kernel?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes

I would try the proxmox kernel. It seems to be helping quite a few people.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!