Adopting active directory group permissions to a shared folder

• Howdy,

I have succeeded at setting up an AD environment and am now creating shares for individual users of the NAS which are authenticating through the ADs.

We also have a need to establish 'group' shares on a folder so multiple users can access the specific folder. We have set up a group on the ADs and have added those individuals to that group. We however are not able to assign the new 'shared_mailorder' group to the group permissions of the mailorder shared folder.

In omv under Access Rights Management and Group we are able to see other AD domain 'groups' with the AD users that are part of that group. The 'shared_mailorder' however is missing from the list tho it is in the active directory users and groups list on the ADs.

When running the command net rpc info we get the following:

Domain Name: (proper domain name)
    Domain SID: S-1-5-21-2601450110-3464725209-3587250317
    Sequence number: 1Num
    users: 171
    Num domain groups: 0
    Num local groups: 14

At the CLI of the omv server, running 'net ads user info [user]' does show the user in that newly created group so it appears it's perhaps just omv that isn't seeing it. I have two members of the domain in that domain group and they both show in the group with the net ads user command.

Has anyone attempted to do this with any success and if so... your secret is safe with me...... <X

• ? For the two users I currently have under that AD group, when running the net ads user they both show that they are part of that group.... and the underscore does show. We also tried dashes but neither have made the difference.

Interesting thing to note....

root@nas1:/sharedfolders# net ads user info user -U username
    Domain Users
    shared_mailorder
    Domain Admins
    Remote Management Users
    Remote Desktop Users
    Users
    Administrators

You can see where shared_mailorder fits in there.

• Sooo.... one step forward, two steps back.

In our attempts to correct this issue, we looked at some other methods of attaching to AD which involved kinit and WINBIND. Some how we broke the ability to authenticate mapped folders but damn if the shared_mailorder group isn't showing up in omv now. Go figure... and aggravating as all get out.

I can't really say what caused the group to suddenly show up and with the proper members in it through the omv gui.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!