Seafile - docker installation on OMV

• Have you read this doc ? What do you want to know ?

You will find my working configuration in attachments. Just replace Host IP and Host Path.

Thanks for this. I have created the two variables:
    SEAFILE_ADMIN_EMAIL and SEAFILE_ADMIN_PASSWORD, but I don't seem to be able to login.
    Nothing in the log it can help as far as I can tell...

I've also tryed the manual credential reset procedure:

You will find my working configuration in attachments. Just replace Host IP and Host Path.

Thanks, these photos helped me out, I had missed the SEAFILE_SERVER_HOSTNAME and I wasn't able to download anything.
    And also the "/shared" option now gives me the option to save the files elsewhere and to be able to rebuild the container.

Thanks for the info

Hi RPMan, and thanks for the info. A short info though: as you have now your configuration with the bridged local IP and the port 7000, does that mean that you are accessing the seafile server on the same ip as the omv host ip but on port 7000?

me, I run OMV on the bare metal and when I tried to follow the procedure of seafile installation I was getting the following error:

Bash
    ERROR: for seafile  Cannot start service seafile: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint seafile (117fac6d5b104a11ac4beefb34558e17a2742fe1f8aabb06d2ec96746c1ac66a): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:80: bind: address already in use
    ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.

which, by my understanding is that, the docker was trying to make himself available on the same IP as the OMV host on port 80, conflicting thus with the OMV's nginx...

What I have done is to update in the docker-compose.yml the ports definition to

Code
    ports:      
        - "8080:80"

#  - "host:container"

Now my OMV host 8080 port points to my docker 80 port and I can access it through my OMV host IP like this: 192.168.1.10:80

I am posting this one, as it took me a while until to manage it... this is one way to do it but I think I will move to a solution where the docker will take his own local IP and I can access it directly on port 80.... seems a bit more clean and lean... :)

• Hi RPMan, and thanks for the info. A short info though: as you have now your configuration with the bridged local IP and the port 7000, does that mean that you are accessing the seafile server on the same ip as the omv host ip but on port 7000?

Yes.

which, by my understanding is that, the docker was trying to make himself available on the same IP as the OMV host on port 80, conflicting thus with the OMV's nginx...

Yes.

this is one way to do it but I think I will move to a solution where the docker will take his own local IP and I can access it directly on port 80.... seems a bit more clean and lean...

It's totally fine to access seafile with omv ip and with port forwarding (8080:80). It's not worse than a dedicated IP ...

• Hey Guys, I am stuck at the start. I installed Docker and activated Docker GUI in the Dashboard, but know I dont know how to grab the docker image and install the container. Could you provide me the neccessary steps. It would be highly appreaciated. Cheers, David

• Offizieller Beitrag

This guide is a good introduction in Docker using the Docker-gui
    OMV + Docker plugin media server (Plex, PlexPy, Ombi, Libresonic, NZBGet, ruTorrent, Sonarr, Radarr, Mylar, and more)

If you have a look at the first 2-3 examples you might be able to setup seafile on your own.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!