Libresonic+Lets encrypt+DynDNS

• Do you have any issue with emby or jellyfin?

I have to re install them and see. I used them only with my internal network and had no problems. Remotely though is a whole different situation. I ll let you know when I try. For Jellyfin there is no subdomain.confs file as you noticed if you copy and modify the airsonic one I can t see the point ot even try since you mentioned that airsonic's also is a deviation of libresonic.

Probably emby is the way to go. Can you confirm that it can be arranged in a way in order to see from left panel letters which corresponds to artists even though I have upper folders as genres and inside of them the artists. Confusing until you study the picture below

A darker theme would meake it even more appealing to the eye.

• For Jellyfin there is no subdomain.confs file as you noticed if you copy and modify the airsonic one I can t see the point ot even try since you mentioned that airsonic's also is a deviation of libresonic.
    Probably emby is the way to go. Can you confirm that it can be arranged in a way in order to see from left panel letters which corresponds to artists even though I have upper folders as genres and inside of them the artists. Confusing until you study the picture below

Few post above I posted the conf files for emby and jellyfin the latest is a lot different because of a new security scheme since version 10.30..0
    Libresonic+Lets encrypt+DynDNS

About airsonic with reverse proxy I do not think you have to believe me, did you try it? if yes what are your results in term of performances? maybe yours would be different, let me know I am curious.

Honestly I wont recommend any of this two: emby or jellyfin for music but have a look at https://www.reddit.com/r/jelly…fferent_server_for_music/

• I think I can claim victory at last.
    So far playing very good just tested a minute( I could not wait to share it with you guys!)
    here my conf for aisonic
    please let me know if it is working for you.

• I think I can claim victory at last.
    So far playing very good just tested a minute( I could not wait to share it with you guys!)
    here my conf for aisonic
    please let me know if it is working for you.

Nope...not even the welcome to our server.In addition to the above confs settings do you have airsonic with bridge mode or private with letsencrypt?
    Have you forwarded any addition ports to the router? or you have inside the container the 430->450 and 80->90 ???

• Nope...not even the welcome to our server.In addition to the above confs settings do you have airsonic with bridge mode or private with letsencrypt?Have you forwarded any addition ports to the router? or you have inside the container the 430->450 and 80->90 ???

Airsonic is in bridge mode with the extra argument --network my-net I create it according @TechnoDadLife security login to nextcloud I believe,
    I did it with
    "docker network create my-net" in root

Inside lest encrypt I am using 430->450 and 80->90 those 2 ports are open on the router 4040 is closed
    my experience if you got a typo even in an other conf nothing will work when you apply a new conf you need to resart letsencrypt and maybe airsonic and give it few minutes

but you have to get a valid certificate in letsencrypt if you using an arm machine you need to replace the DH level in letsencrypt by1024 and not 204

Code
    he following certs are not due for renewal yet:
      /etc/letsencrypt/live/XXXXXXXXXXduckdns.org/fullchain.pem expires on 2019-07-22 (skipped)
    No renewals were attempted.
    No hooks were run.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [cont-init.d] 50-config: exited 0.
    [cont-init.d] done.
    [services.d] starting services
    [services.d] done.
    Server ready
  • Airsonic is in bridge mode with the extra argument --network my-net I create it according @TechnoDadLife security login to nextcloud I believe,I did it with

Inside lest encrypt I am using 430->450 and 80->90 those 2 ports are open on the router 4040 is closed
    my experience if you got a typo even in an other conf nothing will work when you apply a new conf you need to resart letsencrypt and maybe airsonic and give it few minutes

but you have to get a valid certificate in letsencrypt if you using an arm machine you need to replace the DH level in letsencrypt by1024 and not 204

Code
      /etc/letsencrypt/live/XXXXXXXXXXduckdns.org/fullchain.pem expires on 2019-07-22 (skipped)
    No hooks were run.
    [cont-init.d] done.
    [services.d] done.
    Server ready

We have the same settings exactly except the fact that turned it again to private network from bridge. I am pretty sure if I changed it again the only thing I ll accomplish is to have that welcome to our server and nothing more ...wait

• Airsonic is in bridge mode with the extra argument --network my-net I create it according @TechnoDadLife security login to nextcloud I believe,I did it with

Code
    No hooks were run.
    [cont-init.d] done.
    [services.d] done.
    Server ready

We have the same settings exactly except the fact that turned it again to private network from bridge. I am pretty sure if I changed it again the only thing I ll accomplish is to have that welcome to our server and nothing more ...wait
    By the way in lets encrypt container do you have bridge mode also? And at extra arguments do you have the --cap-add=NET_ADMIN --network my_network_name???

• We have the same settings exactly except the fact that turned it again to private network from bridge. I am pretty sure if I changed it again the only thing I ll accomplish is to have that welcome to our server and nothing more ...waitBy the way in lets encrypt container do you have bridge mode also? And at extra arguments do you have the --cap-add=NET_ADMIN --network my_network_name???

In letsencrypt it is in bridge mode with extra argument "--cap-add=NET_ADMIN --network my-net"
    Maybe you should go to the log from letsencrypt container, to see if you got a valid certificate.

• I would guess, yes!
    Getting the welcome to our page is a good sign it means that your proxy works. "Only" thing you need is the right conf..

I agree @ieronymous got the certificate maybe he got a typo in the conf even a blank space will produce bad result.
    Regarding my conf it is night and day compare with the previous one.

• Well adventure came to an end. I finally managed to get it to work after several attempts and failures. Later on I ll edit this specific post again and as promised I ll write a little guide with pics for others to try as well. That task of course couldn't be accomplished without the epic help from @Nefertiti (together with his guidance from team viewer made that happen) and @Morlan with his top notch <<check this>> comments. Stay tuned.

Let's get started shall we,......

Prerequisites
    1.First you need a program to have cli access. Putty (If you are using pc running windows) or Wetty docker from OMV GUi would be ok. Install using this video guide Wetty installation

2.Install Airsonic from dockers (just type linuxserver/airsonic).After instalaltion completes close it (close button will be avaliable) and dont run image yet in order to configure it.

3.Install DuckDNS server according to this video DuckDNS installation and set it up as in video description. Following this video eventually will guide you to visit duckdns.org
    page and make a subscription using probably your gmail account. Also you will probably choose a unique name for your subdomain, lets say its omvspace (each one of you will pick a custom one and duckdns will
    prompt you if its already been used)

4.Install letsencrypt docker using as guide this video

5.You will need your PUID and GUID for the user you have already created in OMV else for the admin who access the gui while you are logging in.(both ids can be found through cli by typing id name_of_your_user Lets say you have created a users named Liono...the command should be like.... id Liono and you ll get the PUID and GUID codes needed) Lets say PUID=1000 and PGID=100

6.You ll need to forward ports 443->450 and 80->90(if you use the default ones) If you dont know how just visit http://www.portforward.com and search for your modem or a modem close to you (ptobably have the same user interface) and forward the ports mentioned above. I ll attach a pic of mine to see how it looks like.
    If you have all the above requirements just see my conf pics and follow accordingly.

Also take notice that you need already to have created for each of the above dockers configuration folders in your sharefolders path..... /sharedfolders/Appdata/letsencrypt/ (for letsencrypt docker, be aware even if its not case sensitive that you type it exactly as it is just in case)...... /sharedfolders/Appdata/airsonic/ (for airsonic docker). if you follow any of the Techno Dad Life videos you ll see how its done
    ...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

1.Have Putty or Wetty always open for the commands to follow. You can use any other favorable cli program of yours. You alrady know your user's id, your subdomain (created in duckdns site), your gmail account (if you subscribed in duckdns with that - probably you did)

2.Open airsonic and add the following accordingly (I have used other color to indicate which fields need to be filled or created. In order to create a field just press + and dont forget to save ti afterwards)

Let us first run the appropriate commands via sli So....type docker network create prox-net (instead of prox-net once more name yours as you like ) and hit Enter

There is a change that while you press save in the final screeshot you get an error because you havent yet created that prox-net (remember call it whatever you like) network.Simply erase it BUTTT remember to put it back again after letsencrypt configuration.

3 Now that we have set up airsonic lets go to duckdns which is the easiest of them all if you followed the link I gave up the description

4.Ok now having Duckdns docker options filled in lets move on to the most important one letsencrypt

Finally go once more to sli and type docker logs -f letsencrypt The outcome is very important since if you dont get a successful validation ticket message, then something went wrong either with your port forward or with airsonic or letsencrypt configuaration docker or lastly with airsonic .subdomain.conf file.

Now let us proceed to the final steps by going to the path /sharedfolders/Appdata/letsencrypt/nginx/proxy-confs and edit the file airsonic.subdomain.confs WHICH AFTERWARDS!!!! you will save as conf NOT confs (use either cli for that using nano command to edit the above mentioned file or from windows a nice program is WinSCP free of course). This file should look like the one below!!!

for a reason couldnt let me attach this as a source code and print screened it. Check its line line to be identical alternate only subdomain and your local IP address.

After all these are done go and check if http://your.local.ip:4040 works and by that you have local access
    and by a mobile phone connected through data NOT WIFI (since then you are again to your local network) try https://omvspace.duckdns.org (where omvspce will be your custom domain name as you saved it in duckdns page)

PS Notices!!!! Each time you modify airsonic docker or letsecnrypt it may loose some of the options like ports or network mode to become private again from bridge. Each time change them back to the correct ones.
    Dont forget after modifications to restart dockers and wait 2-3 mins in order to take effect.

Share your results!!!!

• Nice contribution but if you do not mind. I think you forgot the part how to create a network with this command "docker network create Mynname of network" also maybe you should mention the part about getting a right airsonic.subdomain.conf. and not a generic. :)

• Nice contribution but if you do not mind. I think you forgot the part how to create a network with this command "docker network create Mynname of network" also maybe you should mention the part about getting a right airsonic.subdomain.conf. and not a generic.

You mean this?
    Let us first run the appropriate commands via sli So....type docker network create prox-net (instead of prox-net once more name yours as you like ) and hit Enter

As for airsonic conf file I attached the appropriate one Didn t wuite understand what you mean

• You mean this?Let us first run the appropriate commands via sli So....type docker network create prox-net (instead of prox-net once more name yours as you like ) and hit Enter

As for airsonic conf file I attached the appropriate one Didn t wuite understand what you mean

If you did it, good, maybe I read it too fast.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!