Newbie: Does Open Media Vault work on QNAP TS-259pro+

• Hello,
    I have QNAP TS-259pro+ as my main storage solution for some years. QNAP has ceased support for it. It has dual core atom D525 1.8 GHz CPU and 2 GB ram currently. It has two drive bays. It has currently 2 x 2 terabytes disk installed in raid 1. The hardware is good, silent and nothing wrong with it. I need to use it for a while. Can I install and use OVM in this machine..
    Beni

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can I install and use OVM in this machine..

The real question is whether you can install Debian on this machine. This makes me think that is possible - https://mikebaas.org/writings/…rs/debian_qnap_ts-259_Pro

I have had OMV running on my TS-451 since I got it a few years ago. You probably won't be able to install OMV on the usb media that is inside the unit because it is too small. I would plug a decent 16GB+ usb stick in to install OMV on and then install the flashmemory plugin.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thank you for the reply...and my apology for responding and thanking late.

I have finally purchased a second hand dell t20 with 16 gb. ram, one 2tb, two 1tb disks. I had a dilemma to use OMV or Freenas, but after detailed reading about both, and learning that since ZFS forces me upfront investment in larger and multiple disk, learning about snapraid/mergerfs capability on OMV, I am sold to OMV.

Thank you again for the direction. After completing migration to my new server, I will play with my old faithful QNAP (8 years of constant service) and try to install OMV on top of it.

• ryecoaaron, I'm attempting to run OMV on my old QNAP TS-509 Pro from a USB (as per your experience on the TS-451), but only three of my five drives show up (under OMV, or even in GParted Live). Did you have any similar issues?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you have any similar issues?

No. I wonder if the last two drives are connected to a different sata controller? Seems odd that they would be though. What is the output of:

lspci

sudo fdisk -l | grep -w Disk

uname -a

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!