mdadm : No arreys found in config file or automatically

• Hi. i have a netbook which im trying to install omv on. first i formatted the internal hard disk to 2 partitions. 1 for the OS (8gb) and the rest for data (923 gigs) i did this using gparted
    it installed fine and all and booted into omv. while setting it up, i noticed that it didnt respect my choices and just formatted the drive and installed omv on it. as a result of that, i cant use the drive for shared folders.
    so i nuked the thing and decided to install OMV on a 4 gig usb stick. it went fine but after installing it just shows those errors. at the end it says ALERT ! /dev/sdc1 does not exist. dropping to a shell and then it goes to a thing called busy box . i noticed that there is a thread already about this but that was for people who had raid. i do not have raid.

• Use uuid instead of alphbetical drive names. Your fstab is wrong at the moment as you miss the install stick which got sorted in front of your sysdrive. You can also chroot from a live medium and change etc/fstab to use sdb instead of sdc, but uuid would be way better and more secure to future changes.

• Offizieller Beitrag

it says ALERT ! /dev/sdc1 does not exist. dropping to a shell and then it goes to a thing called busy box . i noticed that there is a thread already about this but that was for people who had raid. i do not have raid.

Did you use a USB stick to write the iso too?

• why the installer wont let me to install OMV on a specific partition on a drive ?? all of this could have been avoided if that was possible. the usb does not have wear leveling so it wont even last long

• Just mount the system stick in any running system and change your fstab. It is that simple. Google how ro get uuid of disk in linux and change the /dev/sdc parts to uuid paths. Thats all.
    For non standard installations use the debian minimal iso and install omv via apt as it is suggested in the docu.
    I hate when people make mistakes, dont read docu, dont know what they do to just scream that this could have been avoided when a non paid developer would have spent another 50+hours in changing an installer. This work has been done by debian and you are free to use it.
    Actually my first post had the solution to your problem and by googling the few words you may not know like fstab or chroot, maybe uuid, you would have understood the point quickly. People are not thrilled to become your personal nonpaid administrator. Usually all are glad to help, but you should do your part and google what you get for answers. Nobody wants to write the same stuff 1000 times or add sources to everything in every post.

• UPDATE : what i did : at grub menu i pressed e. i changed sdc to sdb. i pressed f10. it booted to OMV. i logged in as root. and then i ran update-grub. i then restarted. it booted fine. am i done? is the problem 100 % fixed?

• Just mount the system stick in any running system and change your fstab. It is that simple. Google how ro get uuid of disk in linux and change the /dev/sdc parts to uuid paths. Thats all.
    For non standard installations use the debian minimal iso and install omv via apt as it is suggested in the docu.
    I hate when people make mistakes, dont read docu, dont know what they do to just scream that this could have been avoided when a non paid developer would have spent another 50+hours in changing an installer. This work has been done by debian and you are free to use it.
    Actually my first post had the solution to your problem and by googling the few words you may not know like fstab or chroot, maybe uuid, you would have understood the point quickly. People are not thrilled to become your personal nonpaid administrator. Usually all are glad to help, but you should do your part and google what you get for answers. Nobody wants to write the same stuff 1000 times or add sources to everything in every post.

sorry i was busy reading that other post. i think you misunderstood what i said. i never blamed anyone for this. i just wanted to know how to install omv on a partition. thats all. also i know all of those words you mentioned. uuid, chroot, etc. i was trying to do what you said when geaves posted that guide and then i decided to follow that guide. (because it was easier). now do you think i should go to fstab and change its values ?

• Well, the external drive may produce the exact same result, if it is plugged in at boot time.

thats not a problem because the netbook will get stuck at bios screen when the external hdd is plugged in. so im forced to plug it in after the OS boots. it is a server . its going to be always on. im planning to install pihole using that docker plugin.

• Thank you all ( geaves and getname) its working perfectly right now. and sorry if my message sounded like im blaming someone. i was just confused that why i cant install it on a partition. thats all. thanks for your time.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!