General protection fault, due to ZFS?

• Overnight for the past few nights my OMV has started to hang. I believe it's related to ZFS but I don't really know how to troubleshoot this specific issue.

Here's the log:

• Looks like the zfs kernel module that spawns the workers does something bad on removeing them.
    This may be a serious bug, or maybe just a faulty memstick. Do you run ecc? Are you running the latest version?

• Looks like the zfs kernel module that spawns the workers does something bad on removeing them.
    This may be a serious bug, or maybe just a faulty memstick. Do you run ecc? Are you running the latest version?

It could definitely be related to the memory as I recently installed 2 new sticks. I checked the BIOS and the frequency was off since it was using the X.M.P.P settings and I don't really need to OC the ram on my home server - that's what I get for making my server out my old gaming parts.

The board doesn't support ECC so I'm not able to use that. I'll try to adjust the timings and see what's going on with that. My OMV is up to date.

I'm running memtest right now to make sure that's all fine.

• Dont use the xmp profiles, just use the jedec specifications that are also given by the memory. At least for servers and 24/7 machines. You can run some memtests, altough I would expect other failures too, if the memory is the cause.
    Edit: Ah, I see, you are already running memtest.

• Dont use the xmp profiles, just use the jedec specifications that are also given by the memory. At least for servers and 24/7 machines. You can run some memtests, altough I would expect other failures too, if the memory is the cause.
    Edit: Ah, I see, you are already running memtest.

Yeah, the board was using XMPP by default since I never cleared it - this was my old gaming PC. Currently Memtest s hows no errors @ 90% complete. I'll know more tomorrow when the server has been running overnight if I get the error.

Is there any other logs I could look at, if it fails again, which might get more information?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!