Transmission-OpenVPN docker interfering with Plex Docker

• I recently set up a new media server on OMV 4.x, and decided to use dockers for my various applications, which has been tremendous.

However, I am running into an issue with my VPN causing problems for Plex remote server access.

I installed the /linuxserver/plex docker which works great, followed with the /linuxserver/transmission docker with similarly great results.

Then I stumbled across TechnoDadLife's video on the /haugene/transmission-openvpn docker. With torrenting getting hotter and hotter, I figured this was a no brainer. I set it up as per his specifications, shut down the original transmission docker, and it worked great.

The problem came when I then tried to access my Plex server outside my network. I have my router set up to forward it on port 50000, which has worked flawlessly before the Transmission-OpenVPN docker was added. However, this morning, I went to access Plex at the gym, and noticed I could not access my server. Got home, and noticed that Plex Remote Access had an error saying it was unavailable. I tried resetting my router, and forwarding a new port, and none of it worked. In the troubleshooting, I stopped the /haugene/transmission-openvpn docker, and sure enough, Plex Remote Access fired up immediately.

I was under the impression that the Transmission-OpenVPN docker only ran transmission traffic through the VPN within the single docker, but it appears I was very wrong about that. Is there any way I can make Plex exempt from this OpenVPN traffic? Or any other solution to access my Plex server remotely while still utilizing VPN for my torrenting traffic?

Thanks in advance.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!