The property 'name' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.smb.share'

• Been trying to setup OMV (OMV 3, 32bit, can't get later version to install) on my very old HP MediaSmart Server EX490.
    Installation succeeded, disk, raid and filesystem are done. I am now trying to get some Samba shares up and running. I created some shared folders and I’m trying to add shares under SMB/CIFS.
    I get an error message when I try to save the share:

The property 'name' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.smb.share'(see attachment for details).

I'm very new to OMV, so chances are I'm overlooking something. Couldn't find the exact error on the forum but hope someone can help me out.

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV 3, 32bit, can't get later version to install

You can try to install Debian 9 first and then OMV4 on top of it.
    https://openmediavault.readthe…stallation/on_debian.html
    OMV3 is end of life and Debian 8 is causing many issues (see the update/upgrade section of the forum).

• I would like that, but tbh, I have no clue how to install debian 9 on a headless machine. I only managed to install OMV thanks to this thread.
    And I'm not sure if Debian 9 64bit would even install on this box.

And yes, I noticed the update/upgrade issues; tried to update all the items in the Update Manager and that crashed the installation so badly I had to do a new installation. ;)

It's just a testcase though. I'm having a testrun with OMV to decide if I want to go this route or go Synology/Qnap.
    I like that, once running, OMV is easy enough to understand and maintain, even for a n00b like me. And it would give me the (important!) bonus of being able to buy some decently powerfull and upgradable hardware for an affordable price.
    But setting things up has not been real easy. I do understand that my current testcase is not really a common use case, but I also havent been able to install OMV 4 on two 'normal' machines without running into the issue described here.

Anyway, would be nice if I'd get the SMB share to run on the EX490 so I can do some more testing.
    Thanks for the help!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!