Is Docker the only way to install emby on OMV

    • OMV 4.x
    • As KM0201 says, you can download and install Emby normally, outside docker, as described at emby.media/linux-server.html.

      I started using Emby that way. No problem. Emby will work fine completely independently from OMV. However you may have the same problem with Emby that way. But you can try it.
      OMV 4, 7 x ODROID HC2, 1 x ODROID HC1, 5 x 12TB, 1 x 8TB, 1 x 2TB SSHD, 1 x 500GB SSD, GbE, WiFi mesh
    • i don't get why this is happening either. i am totally new to omv and like it i have all my media there and works great for that. And i have a lifetime of emby and want it on there. would my processor and ram be to slow for it?
      Images
      • docker.png

        149 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 71 times
    • bad config.

      emby need to show someting in ports.

      please post moer info about how you configure emby en your dockers to help you.
      OMV 4.1.11 x64 on a HP T510, 16GB CF as Boot Disk & 32GB SSD 2,5" disk for Data, 4 GB RAM, CPU VIA EDEN X2 U4200 is x64 at 1GHz

      Post: HPT510 SlimNAS ; HOWTO Install Pi-Hole ; HOWTO install MLDonkey ; HOHTO Install ZFS-Plugin ; OMV_OldGUI ; ShellinaBOX ; ctop
      Dockers: MLDonkey ; PiHole ; weTTY
      Videos: @TechnoDadLife
    • My Emby Docker install serves Kodi on a Pi mainly, to iPads I use VLC so everything is direct play, but in respect of your above image you need to add --cleanup to the Command option in Watchtower that would remove the other Emby image.
      As to your Live TV you might be better served asking on the Emby forum, I don't use it so can't offer any advice.
      Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?
    • geaves wrote:

      My Emby Docker install serves Kodi on a Pi mainly, to iPads I use VLC so everything is direct play, but in respect of your above image you need to add --cleanup to the Command option in Watchtower that would remove the other Emby image.
      As to your Live TV you might be better served asking on the Emby forum, I don't use it so can't offer any advice.
      i have tried changing watchtower settings and it gives me an error and will not let me do anything. i cannont even stop watchtower from running. any suggestions?
    • dont1982 wrote:

      i have tried changing watchtower settings and it gives me an error and will not let me do anything.
      It does to me, you have to stop then remove it, then re run it, haven't found any other way to add that option.

      Or you create a scheduled job to run daily and add this as the command to run docker images -q --filter "dangling=true" | xargs -n1 -r docker rmi this does the same as --cleanup
      Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?
    • geaves wrote:

      dont1982 wrote:

      i have tried changing watchtower settings and it gives me an error and will not let me do anything.
      It does to me, you have to stop then remove it, then re run it, haven't found any other way to add that option.
      Or you create a scheduled job to run daily and add this as the command to run docker images -q --filter "dangling=true" | xargs -n1 -r docker rmi this does the same as --cleanup
      this is the error i get trying to add the command

      Error #0:OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; docker run -d --restart=always -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro --net=host -e PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin" --name="Watchtower" --label omv_docker_extra_args="-v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock" -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock --label omv_docker_container_command="docker images -q --filter "dangling=true" | xargs -n1 -r docker rmi" "v2tec/watchtower:latest" docker images -q --filter "dangling=true" | xargs -n1 -r docker rmi 2>&1' with exit code '123': Error: No such image: ba6cafef02e060a094656c7b6c9a07dd07d0e7eaf582d52b0e7406ff7a236238 in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(607): OMV\System\Process->execute()#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDocker->runContainer(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('runContainer', Array, Array)#4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Docker', 'runContainer', Array, Array, 1)#5 {main}