Openmediavault's Release Cycle

• Hi all,

I guess I could say that I'm a Windows Server refugee. Since MS Server Essentials doesn't seem to have the actual essentials for a SOHO, I began to look for suitable candidate. That process brought me here.

While I'm not a stranger to Linux, building servers of any kind can be a PITA. In that respect the OMV/Debian package turned out to be a nice surprise. It's an easy build, there are lots of options and add-on plugin's, with a nice selection of file systems for different tasks. There's ZFS, for data integrity, and faster more nimble file systems like EXT4 or XFS for VM storage and Docker containers. The Virtual Box and Docker plugin's, for the GUI, are a real bonus. All are nicely integrated and easy to use.

I did some searching in doc's and posts, but didn't find anything regarding a release cycle or schedule. Also it would be nice to know, at least in general terms, what changes if any are to be in the next release. Links to this info would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Also it would be nice to know, at least in general terms, what changes if any are to be in the next release.

All that depends of @votdev the main developer of Openmediavault. Maybe you can find some information here Openmediavault Blog

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!