What is the flashmemory plugin for?

• Flashplugin does not make all automatically.
    For example, i want NextCloud. So i have two options: 1) use microsd card and wait when it die after few weeks. 2) use hdd for mariadb, nextcloud database, etc and now my hdd never spin down.
    How to use that damned flashmemory plugin for what it was created? I want to use my hdd only for storing files. All databases must be in flashmemory. Is it real?

--
    One more question - is there any simple way to have browser-based midnight commander? I want to upload\download and operate folders on a OMV OS from my browser. It's not user-friendly (and family-friendly) to use ssh mc command each time when i want to do something in internal OMV folders.
    I know about Cloud Commander - it can be accesed just from any device from any place in a world. But I can not get it worked in Docker. Docker HUB have so much outdated packages for ARMv7.. Latest version from 2017 don't know about davfs2 and can not get access to it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Another option to SD card and HDD is USB. Put the databases on USB. Perhaps a SSD shaped like a USB memory stick.

http://www.trekstor.de/product…SD-STICK-PRIME-512GB.html

Not cheap...

Yet another option is network. Add a HC2 with a small SSD to your systems. And run NextCloud there and have it storing files over the network on other NAS with big HDDs.

Not cheap either...

----

As long as you work in shared folders, and it is not huge files, just use your file manager over the network. After all we are talking about a NAS...

...or just let the HDD spin.

• All databases must be in flashmemory.

Just wow. Databases are usually stored on non-volatile memory for a reason! And the systems that are qualified for running IMDBs look 'a bit' differently than a little HC2 toy. For something like this you need server grade hardware and you also want data integrity (that means at least primitive ECC memory).

The flashmemory plugin has been designed to store 'stuff that doesn't matter that much' like logs in memory. By default it does not even sync back to disk in regular intervals but only on shutdown (so after any crash everything storage in RAM is gone).

• Offizieller Beitrag

How to use that damned flashmemory plugin for what it was created?

The damned plugin does exactly what it was created for just by installing it. You want to use it for things the plugin and OMV were not designed for - storing data on the OS drive. If you don't want a disk to spin up because you are using it, get an ssd.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• One more question - is there any simple way to have browser-based midnight commander? I want to upload\download and operate folders on a OMV OS from my browser. It's not user-friendly (and family-friendly) to use ssh mc command each time when i want to do something in internal OMV folders.
    I know about Cloud Commander - it can be accesed just from any device from any place in a world. But I can not get it worked in Docker. Docker HUB have so much outdated packages for ARMv7.. Latest version from 2017 don't know about davfs2 and can not get access to it.

If it's supposed to be based on a browser, maybe Pydio

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!