Plex Media Server in OMV

• Hello to all!

I have been running OMV for the past few months without issues. I am using SnapRAID and my hard drives spin down, which were the reasons for a few questions I posted before my final installation. However, I am strongly contemplating the possibility of installing Plex Media Server (PMS) in OMV, as its current home (Nvidia Shield) is too unreliable, with missing recordings, recordings failing, etc. I need a more stable alternative. My question is, is it possible to install PMS in OMV using my current SnapRAID setup or would it be better to switch over to a RAID6 configuration? Any pros and cons would be appreciated.

Thank you!

• Offizieller Beitrag

My question is, is it possible to install PMS in OMV using my current SnapRAID setup or would it be better to switch over to a RAID6 configuration? Any pros and cons would be appreciated.

It makes no difference. snapraid isn't running all the time. So, it is the same as normal individual filesystems.

Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!