Cannot mount old BTRFS in new OMV installation.

• Hello everyone.

I started using BTRFS recently, and everything was fine until tonight when I reinstalled OMV. After that, I can still see my old BTRFS array, but I cannot mount it through the control panel. It does nothing at first, and subsequent attempts result in the following error messagea:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; mount -v --source '/dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD20EZRX-00DC0B0_WD-WMC1T2004463' 2>&1' with exit code '32': mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb, missing codepage or helper program, or other error In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try dmesg | tail or so.

I feel like I used to be smarter and could have figured this out on my own a few months ago, but the crazy 60+ hour work weeks I've endured lately have fried my brain. What simple thing am I overlooking here?

• try dmesg | tail or so

Interesting.

For some reason, the error I copied and pasted here was different from the one I was getting earlier. I didn't even see that part. Regardless, dmesg |tail wasn't very forthcoming with any information. After a reboot, the error returned to the original one I was getting:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; mount -v --source '/dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD20EZRX-00DC0B0_WD-WMC1T2004463' 2>&1' with exit code '32': mount: /dev/sda is already mounted or /srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-WDC_WD20EZRX-00DC0B0_WD-WMC1T2004463 busy

This error would make sense if the disk was already mounted, however it was not. Even from the first boot of a fresh OMV install, I was getting this error. Not sure what the cause is, but I did stumble upon a workaround. After repeated attempts to mount the array, it randomly began showing up as a device that I could add as a share, and everything works as it should, with one exception. The filesystems tab still states that it is not mounted, but referenced. It sucks that I can't see the used and available space on the filesystems tab, but I know BTRFS isn't always accurate with those numbers anyway, so it's of limited use.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!