OM3 Trashed by Jessy Updates - Help to OMV upgrade needed

• I had OMV3 happily running along, till yesterday when the jessy updates cause OMV to uninstall and it now can't be installed because of the proftpd dependency issue
    I was holding off the upgrade till i had chance to do a fresh install of OMV4, cause the current system had been through upgrades from OMV2

current status is
    - OMV is not installed (or not fully installed). shared drives are accessible from clients, but backup is not running.
    - have performed manual upgrade to debian stretch

how can i install omv4 while retaining the original OMV settings, in view that the backup drive is not automatically backing up everything now

• Offizieller Beitrag

but i don't see how i can get OMV4 without trashing my settings

Why would it trash your settings? OMV 3 is just removed not purged (unless you purged it). So, the config files should all still be there. Change the erasmus lines to arrakis in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ and apt-get install openmediavault. If you read the other threads about this, you will see plenty of people have had good luck.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Code
    root:/etc/apt/sources.list.d# apt-get install openmediavault
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming.The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies: 
    openmediavault : Depends: proftpd-mod-vroot but it is not going to be installedE: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Code
    /etc/apt/sources.list.d# apt-get install proftpd-mod-vroot
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming.The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies: proftpd-mod-vroot : Depends: proftpd-abi-1.3.5bE: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Looks like your sources still are wrong. What is the output of:

apt-get update
    apt-cache policy openmediavault

I posted helpful stuff in one of the other threads
    omv-release-upgrade failed (apt-get update failed, too)

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Why would it trash your settings? OMV 3 is just removed not purged (unless you purged it). So, the config files should all still be there. Change the erasmus lines to arrakis in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ and apt-get install openmediavault. If you read the other threads about this, you will see plenty of people have had good luck.

openmediavault:
    Installed: (none)
    Candidate: 4.1.22-1
    Version table:
    4.1.22-1 995
    995 http://packages.openmediavault.org/public arrakis/main amd64 Packages
    500 https://openmediavault.github.io/packages arrakis/main amd64 Packages
    3.0.99 -1
    100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

• Offizieller Beitrag

No output of apt-get update? I would run apt-get clean too.

• Just to let you know, changing to the 1.3.5b-4 got it to install.

Code
    Still not sure why but you can change the line from

apt-get install proftpd-basic=1.3.5-1.1+deb8u2

to

apt-get install proftpd-basic=1.3.5b-4

but now i got these errors

Code
    Updating configuration ...
    nginx.service is not active, cannot reload.
    php7.0-fpm.service is not active, cannot reload.
    A dependency job for collectd.service failed. See 'journalctl -xe' for details.collectd.service couldn't restart.

Code
    Restarting engine daemon ...
    'omv-engined' trying to restart'omv-engined' start: '/bin/systemctl start openmediavault-engined'
    'omv-engined' failed to start (exit status -1) -- Program '/bin/systemctl start openmediavault-engined' timed out after 30 s
    Job for openmediavault-engined.service canceled.
    openmediavault-engined.service couldn't restart.dpkg: error processing package openmediavault (--configure): subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1Errors were encountered while processing: openmediavaultException ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0x7f2a55ed67b8>Traceback (most recent call last):  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in removeTypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callableException ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0x7f2a55ed67b8>Traceback (most recent call last):  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in removeTypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callableE: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    • Offizieller Beitrag

but now i got these errors

Make sure any OMV 3.x plugins that don't have an OMV 4.x equivalent are uninstalled - see omv-extras.org for list. And try:
    omv-mkconf nginx
    omv-mkconf php-fpm
    systemctl restart nginx
    systemctl restart php7.0-fpm

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• omv-mkconf php-frpm = the script does not exist

nginx got the admin screen to work.

Trying to install usbbackup

>>> *************** Error ***************
    Failed to read from socket: Connection reset by peer
    <<< *************************************
    Updating file permissions ...
    Purging internal cache ...
    Restarting engine daemon ...
    Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0x7fd93d1757b8>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
    Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0x7fd93d1757b8>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
    Done ...

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv-mkconf php-frpm = the script does not exist

typo on my part. should be omv-mkconf php-fpm. I fixed it in my other post.

None of this is a problem. The socket error is caused by engined being restarted and the weakref.py warning has been mentioned lots of times on the forum. It causes no problems.

• cool, thanks man. found the patch for that. had to reinstall all the plugins via the web interface to correctly update. Seems like last problem is;

The following packages will be REMOVED: openmediavault-owncloud*0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y(Reading database ... 123846 files and directories currently installed.)Purging configuration files for openmediavault-owncloud (1.4) ...Site configuration file 'openmediavault-owncloud' not found.dpkg: error processing package openmediavault-owncloud (--purge): subprocess installed post-removal script returned error exit status 1Errors were encountered while processing: openmediavault-owncloudE: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)Can't seem to get the owncloud to remove.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Pretty sure you're getting that because there is no owncloud plugin anymore for omv 4 (honestly I thought it was gone in 3)...

I don't think you'll have a choice but to:

1. Uninstall it, and then install OMV 4, then install Owncloud via docker. This would probably be easiest (and frankly makes the most sense), but you'll lose all your settings, etc. I'm not sure how to import a local install to docker.

2. Uninstall it, install OMV 4, then install and configure Owncloud via the command line. This will probably be more complex, but should allow you to keep your old configurations if you do it right.

• i put in on in OMV3 and then removed but didn't purge.
    My problem is i am now on OMV4 and can't reinstall the plugin.

I somehow need to uninstall manually. I don't use it, so it is no problem, but i can't get over this message.

dpkg: error processing package openmediavault-owncloud (--purge):
    subprocess installed post-removal script returned error exit status 1

• maybe way i am writing..... this is ok.....

Code
    # apt-get remove openmediavault-owncloud 
    Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done 
    Package 'openmediavault-owncloud' is not installed, so not removed 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

this is not ok......
    package is broken as was installed in OMV3 but not removed properly before OMV4

Code
    # apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-owncloud
    Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done
    The following packages will be REMOVED: openmediavault-owncloud*0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
    Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
    (Reading database ... 123846 files and directories currently installed.)
    Purging configuration files for openmediavault-owncloud (1.4) ...
    Site configuration file 'openmediavault-owncloud' not found.dpkg: error processing package openmediavault-owncloud (--purge): subprocess installed post-removal script returned error exit status 1Errors were encountered while processing: openmediavault-owncloud
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    • Offizieller Beitrag

rm /var/lib/dpkg/info/openmediavault-owncloud.postrm
    apt-get purge openmediavault-owncloud

• thanks so much ryecoaaron, that worked.
    almost there. clean boot and backup happily running.

should i still have php5-fpm and php-fpm7.0 ? i seem to have both.

the other thing i am getting on shutdown is a watchdog watchdog0: watchdog did not stop!

• Offizieller Beitrag

should i still have php5-fpm and php-fpm7.0 ? i seem to have both.

No. The php5 packages are jessie. I would remove them with apt-get purge php5*. Just check what it is removing first.

watchdog watchdog0: watchdog did not stop!

I wouldn't really worry about this one. What kernel do you have installed?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!