Can't mount RAID 1 after reinstallation

• Hello, everybody,

I'm new to the forum, but have been following it longer than users. So far I could solve my problem thanks to your help.

Now I have a problem that I haven't found here yet:

Last week I broke my OMV 4.x installation with an update. Since I did not get the system bootable anymore, I installed OMV 5.x on the system drive.

But now I have the problem that I can't mount my RAID 1 anymore. I get the following error message:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run fstab 2>&1' with exit code '1': /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/modules/file.py:32: DeprecationWarning: Using or importing the ABCs from 'collections' instead of from 'collections.abc' is deprecated, and in 3.8 it will stop working from collections import Iterable, Mapping/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/utils/decorators/signature.py:31: DeprecationWarning: `formatargspec` is deprecated since Python 3.5. Use `signature` and the `Signature` object directly *salt.utils.args.get_function_argspec(original_function)debian:---------- ID: create_filesystem_mountpoint_fe61d54e-f2d4-4154-afaf-e1ad248c9ffd Function: file.accumulated Result: True Comment: Accumulator create_filesystem_mountpoint_fe61d54e-f2d4-4154-afaf-e1ad248c9ffd for file /etc/fstab was charged by text Started: 15:57:09.273123 Duration: 1.446 ms Changes:---------- ID: append_fstab_entries Function: file.blockreplace Name: /etc/fstab Result: True Comment: No changes needed to be made Started: 15:57:09.275661 Duration: 5.919 ms Changes:---------- ID: mount_no_bind_mountpoint_fe61d54e-f2d4-4154-afaf-e1ad248c9ffd Function: mount.mounted Name: /srv/dev-disk-by-label-mainbrain Result: False Comment: mount: /srv/dev-disk-by-label-mainbrain: mount(2) system call failed: Structure needs cleaning. Started: 15:57:09.283060 Duration: 372.579 ms Changes:Summary for debian------------Succeeded: 2Failed: 1------------Total states run: 3Total run time: 379.944 ms

I kindly ask for advice // help.

Thanks in advance

• Hi @macom thanks for the fast answer.

I gave OMV 4.1.3 a try and there I do face the same issue but with an other error text:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount -v --source '/dev/disk/by-label/mainbrain' 2>&1' with exit code '32': mount: mount /dev/md0 on /srv/dev-disk-by-label-mainbrain failed: Structure needs cleaning

Fehler #0:OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount -v --source '/dev/disk/by-label/mainbrain' 2>&1' with exit code '32': mount: mount /dev/md0 on /srv/dev-disk-by-label-mainbrain failed: Structure needs cleaning in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/filesystem.inc(720): OMV\System\Process->execute()#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/fstab.inc(72): OMV\System\Filesystem\Filesystem->mount()#2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(194): OMVModuleFsTab->startService()#3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)#6 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc(873): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChanges', Array, Array)#7 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->mount(Array, Array)#8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('mount', Array, Array)#10 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('FileSystemMgmt', 'mount', Array, Array, 1)#11 {main}

In addition, after I tried to mount my RIAD (and didn't apply the change) and restarted my NAS it enters emergency modus with this error:

• If this can't be solved with OMV is there a way to take one of the Drives and back up the data from one disk (I use linux on my computer)

I just want to access my data ... HELP ^

Thanks in advance.

• Offizieller Beitrag

When you install a fresh OMV without data drive connected and boot up the system without data drive, do you get any error messages? Check syslog.

Just to get more confident there is no problem w/o the data drives (system drive, hardware).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!