Users can't log in... except me!

• My bad.

/etc/openmediavault/config.xml

Edit: Please use the following command to output all of the config file:

Code
    cat /etc/openmediavault/config.xml

And please do that for the smb.conf too. There is just the global config, the share you setup is missing...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• OK, here is config.xml:

root@openmediavault:/etc/openmediavault# cat config.xml

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron () aus folgendem Grund: add code box

• root@openmediavault:/etc/samba# cat smb.conf

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron () aus folgendem Grund: add code box

• I think I see the problem.. under [WestSpringfield] I see users, but only as individuals, not the Group WestSpringfield ? There are users in the WestSpringfield Group, and the group is supposed to have access ?

• Change directory one leve up so you can list the shared folder and then:

stat WestSpringfield

gove results. Did you not add your users to the users group??? You created a custom group WestSpringfield???

• Yes, there is a Custom Group WestSpringfield, and the users in question are assigned to it.

root@openmediavault:/media/dbd89115-e2af-ce01-d080-9115e2afce01# stat WestSpringfield
    File: `WestSpringfield'
    Size: 4096 Blocks: 16 IO Block: 4096 directory
    Device: 811h/2065d Inode: 58626081 Links: 2
    Access: (2770/drwxrws---) Uid: ( 0/ root) Gid: ( 100/ users)
    Access: 2013-09-23 10:20:48.223728270 -0400
    Modify: 2013-09-20 16:05:12.768723443 -0400
    Change: 2013-09-23 09:01:08.939725602 -0400
    root@openmediavault:/media/dbd89115-e2af-ce01-d080-9115e2afce01#

thanks,
    jf

• Zitat von "friedsonjm"

I think I see the problem.. under [WestSpringfield] I see users, but only as individuals, not the Group WestSpringfield ? There are users in the WestSpringfield Group, and the group is supposed to have access ?

Nope, that's not it.. the WestSpringfield Group is listed at the end...

EDIT - I may have figured this out.. stupid mistake, more to follow ...

• OK - SOLVED. Tekkbebe and David, I owe you profuse apologies, this turned out to be a simple matter of inconsistent username/password assignment, no more. I VERY MUCH appreciate the time you took to work with me, and what I learned in the process. Hopefully, I can find some way to make it to you as time goes on.
    jf

• Haha, develop some plugins for OMV and we accept your apology.

Greetings
    David

PS: sarcasm

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Well here is what I was getting to:

Access: (2770/drwxrws---) Uid: ( 0/ root) Gid: ( 100/ users)

Your shared folder is not owned by the WestSpringfiield group...

When you create a folder in the web-gui it is going to be root:users ownership.

You need to change the primary group for the folder if you are going to use a custom group. Also, if you only want users to access that group you should mkae sure you takke off the users group form their user.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!