update omv 4 to 5

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there a way to update a omv 4 to the omv 5 beta or have I to wait for the final release ?

No. Why do you want to use OMV 5.x? Most of the omv-extras plugins aren't ported yet.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi ryecoaaro,

thx for the quick feedback

The reason why I want to try the omv5 beta is simple. I have one (out of 10 or so working flawlessly) OMV System that can't be updated any more cause of an "python version" bug.

Please have a look at "http://forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/24762-Upgrade-error-openmediavault-4-1-13-1/"

In the thread I was told that omv 5 will have a "clone" config feature so i can move the hole setup easily to an fresh installed machine.

kind regards

• Offizieller Beitrag

In the thread I was told that omv 5 will have a "clone" config feature so i can move the hole setup easily to an fresh installed machine.

It doesn't exist yet.

And having a problem on one out of 10 systems doesn't mean it is a problem with OMV 4.x. I have had 100s of OMV 4.x installs and never seen your error from that thread.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• thx for your answer.

I Did not say that the problem is OMV related. I just point out that the OMV packages is the only one on that particular system that can't be updated !

Do you have any idea when omv5 will have the "upgrade 4-to-5" feature ?

kind regards

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!