Rsync server not running with OMV5beta

• Just for your information.
    Currently trying out the omv5 beta. Found that the rsync server will not run (red dot) after enabling it (green dot).
    Enabling the rsync server in the same way on an omv4 machine is successful.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm seeing an error in the salt module for rsyncd but I don't see why it is failing. The default.sls file looks fine to me. @votdev

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can not reproduce this with latest master.

I can confirm that updating to the latest git fixes the issue.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I can confirm that updating to the latest git fixes the issue.

Well, on my PC this problem persists even after having reinstalled the image dated Apr. 19 and immediately updating through "Update management". Rsync can be enabled without any error message, but it does not run - either with modules or without modules. Is there anywhere I might look for a log on rsync? SSH (and CIFS for that matter) work nicely. Enabling FTP gives long error message by the way. See ftp section. Seems a bit more work will be required on OMV5.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Debian Buster is not released nor stable, so expect bugs that are not caused by OMV.

The rsyncd salt module doesn't have anything to enable/disable the service (unit was disabled even after I had a successful enable and apply). As soon as I started the service, everything worked fine.

• I can confirm that updating to the latest git fixes the issue.

Well, on my PC this problem persists even after having reinstalled the image dated Apr. 19 and immediately updating through "Update management". Rsync can be enabled without any error message, but it does not run - either with modules or without modules. Is there anywhere I might look for a log on rsync? SSH (and CIFS for that matter) work nicely. Enabling FTP gives long error message by the way. See ftp section. Seems a bit more work will be required on OMV5.

Update:
    Just to make sure the problem is with OMV 5 beta and not with the PC hardware, I installed omv 4 on the same machine with the latest updates. All is well. Same applies to ftp for that matter. So omv 5 beta and/or the underlying Debian Buster need to mature a bit. Anyway I'll stop mucking around (i.e "testing") for the moment and say thank you for all the hard work you put in omv over the years.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!