SMART status RED but not sure why

• Hi!

I have two USB HDDs connected to a Raspi3b+.

Since yesterday one of them reports red in SMART (in the overview), although none of the Attributes itself reports red.
    I have attached a corresponding screenshot and the result of an extended scan (SMART_extended.txt).

Could you help me understand why the drive reports red and / or whether it's a false positive?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards
    bb

• Offline short tests ended with read error.
    This might be quite bad, or smart tests have problems with spin downs (I have seen that before).
    Deactivate all power savings for the disk and reboot. Unmount the drive and run a long smart test on it. If it fails again, throw the hdd in the bin.

• Offizieller Beitrag

While there's no way to know "if" or exactly "when" a hard drive will fail, the following are strong indicators of failure in the near future.

SMART 5 – Reallocated_Sector_Count.
    SMART 187 – Reported_Uncorrectable_Errors.
    SMART 188 – Command_Timeout.
    SMART 197 – Current_Pending_Sector_Count.
    SMART 198 – Offline_Uncorrectable.

If any of the raw counts for the above are incrementing upward, It's time to get your data off the drive. If there's something important on the disk, don't wait.

• Hey we are like brothers we both have 24 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors on a drive. Hover your cursor over the red dot it will say you have a few bad sectors.

My homebrew Nas
    OMV 4
    ASRock760GM-HDV
    AMD Phenom II X6 1065T
    Viper 3 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
    PNY 120GB SSD
    Two: Hitachi 4TB
    In a HP Pavilion case :D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!