Start ftp service error

• There is no attempt to run the ftp service. An error appears.

Error #0:OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run proftpd 2>&1' with exit code '1': debian:---------- ID: configure_proftpd_mod_core Function: file.managed Name: /etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf Result: True Comment: File /etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf updated Started: 11:51:20.178820 Duration: 167.134 ms

• Offizieller Beitrag

Please provide more information how we can reproduce this, because i do not see any problems when testing this.

My OMV 5 system is running the latest git code. To reproduce:

Enable ftp in ftp settings tab by only checking Enable checkbox.
    Click Save
    Click Apply and get the follow error:

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

proftpd[16533]: Starting ftp server: proftpdstart-stop-daemon: matching on world-writable pidfile /run/proftpd.pid is insecure

Deleting the PID file seems to fix the problem. After that i do not see that the PID file is recreated, so i assume that the proftpd package has been changed some days ago and the old installed one has a different behaviour.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Deleting the PID file seems to fix the problem. After that i do not see that the PID file is recreated, so i assume that the proftpd package has been changed some days ago and the old installed one has a different behaviour.

I can confirm that removing the PID file fixes the issue.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!