OMV installed on RPi3B+ randomly freezes playing network video files

• First off: I know OMV on RPi isn't an "ideal" NAS solution. But based on my requirements I was expecting that it *should* get me what I need. My setup:

RPi3B+ with OpenMediaVault and a WD elements desktop external drive with ext4 formatting. Using ethernet.

Seeing same behavior using Kodi/SPMC/VLC. SPMC/Kodi will freeze on chapter skip (or just randomly for no reason), and the only way out is to force close the app. VLC seems to be a bit more resilient, but still freezes 5-10 min or so. These aren't large files either - most less than 5GB.

Any troubleshooting steps recommended? Thoughts on the weak link here? TIA!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't feel like finding it but have you read the big RPi thread? If the usb drive is powered by the RPi, you could be having problems keeping the system supplied with enough power.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• along with going through the RPi thread, when testing, turn on debug logging in Kodi and then repeat what you do to cause the freezing in Kodi.

Following that, have a look at the kodi.log or perhaps the kodi.old.log to see if there is anything that might give you more information.

It can be found in the temp directory under the .kodi directory in Linux of the user home directory when Kodi is started. Not sure where in Windows.

Based on what you see or don't see you can determine what the next steps are.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!