Blank Screen on Fresh Install of OMV 4.1.3

• So I'm new to OMV and I just installed it on my system and when it tries to boot into Debian, I just get a blank screen. I see the GRUB screen and select Debian, a few lines of text go by, followed by a blinking cursor for about 5 seconds then another line of text (I catch the word "blocks" at the end of that line) then screen goes black and I see no more visual output. I made the installer on a flash drive using Linux Live USB Creator and the install appears to complete successfully.

Hardware in the system was all previously functional under Windows 10 in its current configuration.

I found a thread from years ago describing a similar issue and I tried some of the solutions presented there, but nothing is working so far. https://forum.openmediavault.o…20-black-screen/?pageNo=1

Things I have tried so far:
    I installed OMV the first time with UEFI enabled on the motherboard and although there were no obvious issues, I decided to disable UEFI and reinstall anyway.
    I've tried a few different monitors so far, all of them seem to detect a signal from the HDMI but nothing happens.
    Tried both HDMI and DVI display outputs.

Things I haven't tried yet:
    I don't have the cables handy to try the Display Port output on the graphics card, so it is possible that it's somehow forcing that output to be the default.

Hardware setup:
    ASUS x99-A Motherboard
    Intel i7 5820k processor
    ASUS RX580 AREZ GPU w/ 8GB GDDR5
    16GB DDR4 Corsair RAM
    Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA SSD
    3x 4TB Seagate Red NAS Drives
    850W Corsair PSU

Hopefully someone here has an idea of what else I can try or what a fix might be.
    Thanks in advance.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Really, no display isn't a huge issue, as long as you can get to the webUI and enable SSH (the system is designed to be run w/o a display).

I'm assuming you don't know the IP address the server is getting assigned due to their being no display.

1. If you can log into your router/switch, look for OMV's IP address in your device settings.. and use a web browser to log in.

2. If you can't log in to your router/switch... Download and install Angry IP Scanner to a device that is ON THE SAME NETWORK (Phone, computer, laptop, tablet, etc.. just needs to be on the same network). When you run it, set your range.. Assuming your router IP is 192.168.1.1.. Set the range to 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.255 and then scan. It should return every IP address currently connected to your router. Find the one you believe is OMV, or test them all in a web browser until you get the omv log in.

3. Disregard... Just looked at the specs for the board and you have no onboard HDMI/DVI apparently. This is almost certainly a video card detection issue.

https://angryip.org/

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!