Can't connect multiple computers to NAS

• Hi,

I have set my nas up and have followed @TechnoDadLife youtube tutorial however I am running into a few issues the main one is that I am not able to access the nas from multiple computers at the same time. E.g. I want to be able to backup from two computers at the same time or at least let them maintain a connection while one backs up however when I try to connect on the second computer I get the message 'This file server will not allow any additional users to log on. Try to connect again later.' I am sharing the NAS through SMB and only want three to four users so be connected at once.

I have temporarily set my SMB shares to 'Only guest' to see if that did anything but it did not.
    Also my shared folder settings are 'everyone read/write'

If you need any other settings of mine please let me know. This is a real bummer from me as this is a key feature I need to be working.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I suspect that OMV is not to blame. As far as I know it is not even possible to allow only one connection at a time to OMV or OMV shares.

Can you ping the OMV server from all the clients?

If not, then there may be some problem in your network configuration. Perhaps duplicate IP numbers?

• I suspect that OMV is not to blame. As far as I know it is not even possible to allow only one connection at a time to OMV or OMV shares.

Can you ping the OMV server from all the clients?

If not, then there may be some problem in your network configuration. Perhaps duplicate IP numbers?

I can ping the OMV server from all of my clients and at the same time so that is not the problem.

My ips are all different (They are all 192.168.1.something different for each one).

If it helps I trying to connect multiple macs

• Then I have no idea how you managed to make OMV do this. I am very impressed!

Great :)

Also on this note does anyone know I make the NAS so it is no longer discoverable on the network (I am using SMB). So to connect to it you have enter the internal ip address and cannot see it unless you are connected or have the the IP address for it

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von table681 ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!