OpenMediaVault-Backup Plugin bug

• There is a small bug with the OMV-Backup plugin. When configuring / making changes from the OMV-Backup plugin, the GUI does not prompt to save/commit changes.

This can be confusing, because for example if you are initially configuring a backup and try to run the backup, it will error and say that the shared folder you selected does not exist.
    As a temporary workaround, I just make a insignificant change somewhere else in the GUI to force a save/commit prompt.

I'm not sure the best way to report bugs like this so please let me know if this is how we should report issues or if there is some other procedure.

Thank you

• Offizieller Beitrag

When configuring / making changes from the OMV-Backup plugin, the GUI does not prompt to save/commit changes.

It doesn't need to since it isn't writing a config file. It is just saving values to the database.

This can be confusing, because for example if you are initially configuring a backup and try to run the backup, it will error and say that the shared folder you selected does not exist.
    As a temporary workaround, I just make a insignificant change somewhere else in the GUI to force a save/commit prompt.

I can't recreate this. Even clicking the backup button should do the equivalent of clicking the Save button before starting the backup. So, when clicking the backup button, it should have the shared folder saved in the database making it accessible to the backup script.

I'm not sure the best way to report bugs like this so please let me know if this is how we should report issues or if there is some other procedure.

https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…nmediavault-backup/issues

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!